Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

The thing about dressing room taking Adrian back makes little sense. It assumes the dressing room is as petulant as supporters. He never got in any fights and seemed to conduct him pretty well in the squad so I cant fathom why they wouldnt.

Its probably would the fans, even though he also never badmouthed the fans ever, and if you wouldnt youre crazy

I generally hold grudges but genuinely think he’s more the type of player we need than a Bruno or Bobo. He also knows the league and would likely settle quicker than any other foreigner provided he didn’t still have the shits.

Just quietly, Adrian would kill it in this league.

Commentators saying Gooch is pretty much done just working out finer details

They also referred to him as Iraqi and playing for iran.

Noone’s ever accused them of knowing what they’re talking about…

3 Likes

Asian visa will come in handy for ACL. Really hope it ones off as there’s not much time to sort out a plan B.

The Telegraph is reporting that while Reza is our preferred option, negotiations are still a fair way from being finalised. We are looking at a Brazilian striker and a Spanish striker as back ups in case he falls through.

Any indication who those two are?

Nah, the article mentions nothing more than their nationalities.

I wonder if the Spanish striker would be the guy we had on trial from the NPL?

Alex Sanchez.

SYDNEY FC are facing a race to bolster their squad before the transfer window closes on Thursday, working on three fronts to bring in a striker for the A-League and the Asian Champions League campaigns.

Full story: https://outline.com/WTveEP

#Announcegucci

Isn’t it on Alfie to recommend someone?
If it is, Roysten Drenthe is back playing in the Dutch 2nd tier. He’d be worth investigating if only so T-Mac can share the stories he was told when getting character references.

2 Likes

Struggling to think of the last Spanish player for us. Did we ever jump on the Spanish player trend?

We’ve never had a spanish player

#GucciGang WHEN

2 days till the transfer window closes. They are cutting this extremely close haha. Wouldn’t expect any different though.

Does Adrian have any Spanish blood in him haha

Sounds like ‘who blinks first’.

On one side player/manager holding out for every last zac, ‘Hey if you want me/him your gonna have to open the wallet jest a little more’.

On the other side of the card table, ’ Well look, we’d love to but have no money left. We have a salary cap, this League is not like other leagues blah blah.

Long Pause.

‘But you really want to play right? This is the place for you, we just know you don’t want to be sitting on the hardwood till the end of the season all for the sake of a few bucks we don’t have to give you, right?
All it takes for you to get the best of both worlds and do what you were born to do is to pick up that pen…’

Or something like that…

Yeah probably a fair summation. I would be surprised if we hear anything today or even tomorrow. Both sides would want to wait for the deadline in the hopes of securing a deal and keeping options open.