Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

Duke hasn’t been announced for Wests yet? I think they need to move someone else on first from what Babbel said the other week.

He’s been confirmed now.

Cheers. Maybe he’s an injury replacement for Bridge.

Did they turf someone else recently? I thought they had a full squad?

Tongyik left.

His spot was taken by Yeboah already.

Is there a clause for replacing injured players if they have the same surname? In this current instance, with the former injured, could FC replace Siem with Frenkie De Jong?

1 Like

This is interesting:

Decent enough goal-scoring record for a second striker and he was been doing well for Heerenveen in the last couple of seasons. Having spent time in the Netherlands, we can trust Berger on this one I reckon.

Im still learning how to spell Mierzejewski so Id rather not have to learn Ghoochannejhad too.

1 Like

Just use his first name, like many did with Adrian…

The Ghooch.

1 Like

Surely we could have him for just half the a season before he moves to Barca!

1 Like

Jokes aside I haven’t seen him but he’s played for some reasonable sides and scored goals. Does look a very similar player to Siem though positionally so even more of a suggestion that he’s going to miss ACL (If he has not already done his acl)

You think you feel bad? Imagine how the Fox commentators are going to go.

1 Like

Its going to be so tragic hearing Robbie Slater attempt that one.

The Ghoo.

Surely members can get discount on shirt printing if he signs?

#GucciGang

2 Likes

He’s a natural fit to occupy the area and link together the backline and attack. He may require some extra man management though as I’ve heard he can be quite sensitive.

Very, very keen if Gucci is on the cards as a signing, that would be excellent.

I’ve softened a little regarding Mierzejewski - if he was open to coming back and the dressing room was ok with it, I’d take him.