Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

I love King Bobo but I’d probably pass unless he is super cheap and just here to piss off BlueRanger.

3 Likes

Letting Janko go was the biggest mistake this club has ever made

You can argue we haven’t yet recovered from that mistake.

Was a big mistake from a big club

5 Likes

Perth has come out saying Fornaroli not a done deal and that we are still sniffing around and haven’t closed the door on him.

Dont want. He and ALF dont fit together.

If he hasnt signed on for Perth and was happy in Melbourne, Western United seems logical.

1 Like

Would still be a better marquee then Mr Glass (De Jong). Known to score goals which lets face it we need. Will be only 32 next year………

I’d be keen on that.

De Jong has struggled but 100% worth a shot and shouldn’t be talked down. The look on his face when he came off last time shows he wants to make it work. Shown some glimpses of EPL quality.

1 Like

It is hard to have faith in De Jong working out next year. He got injured while he was injured. I would take him under the cap but definitely not another marquee offer.

Fornaroli could work it would mean we are very dynamic up front, but also means we get rid of Reza though.

Its a 1 yr loan genius

For want of repeating myself every few weeks Fornaroli isn’t and shouldn’t happen. He’s a horrible tactical fit with ALF and Reza and just ALF in the future. Spending that much on just CFs is wreckless and will cost as a squad

1 Like

Sydney FC website stated it was only until the end of the season.

You could be right because transfer market site states until December. Regardless hardly deserves sarcasm get over yourself.

Be less dickish please.

1 Like

Yeah because having one decent striker is all we need to be competitive… Especially in Asia where they don’t spend up big on strikers and only keep one good one. If that one gets injured then they just hope he gets fit quick.

**** add sarcasm here***

1 Like

considering we already have two extremely good strikers on the books with Le Fondre and Reza, where would he fit in? The whole reason he left Melbourne was due to him sitting on the bench. How would you set up the team? Who would you bench? Also bearing in mind we have Brosque as a back up forward, as well as multiple other players that could slot it should we need it.

Also, where the hell is the money supposed to come from??

Send SdJ back to Ajax freeing up the marquee money for Bruno. He starts all HAL games while ACL is on with Alfie & Reza rotating.

I think i read Bruno’s agreement to leave his contract stipulates he cant play A league this season.
De Jong is here for this season and Reza till end of ACL.

I’m not sure if that’s a contract stipulation. I’m fairly sure that’s just because the window has closed.

2 Likes

Not saying this year. I’m speaking about next year when we will not have Reza, De jong and also Brosque more likely. Also our strike force this year is not exactly prolific.

Dunno bout that…Trent recovered,Ivanovic starting more regularly.AB will go another season!