Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

Hes been impressive in the time he has played.2 years would be good.

He’s not registered in their league squad, because they’ve used their 8 foreign places on Europeans/South Americans, and is just their ACL +1. That might be the source of the confusion?

In any case, surely that’s not good for his career. Perfect time to come home and replace Wilkinson.

I guess Transfermarkt isn’t always a reliable source.

Transfermarkt. Although their valuations can be a fair way off this is the first time I’ve come across this kind of inaccuracy. Guess I’ll be doing some cross checking from now on.

Told from a reliable source that Brillante has received some offers from the K-League.

Would be interesting to see what happens then. Trust Retre to develop there (and go the handy utility to key player road that grants been on), hope Zuvela comes back or use a visa spot.

That or Burnley release ONeill and we go ONeill squared in the middle

I think Corica sees Retre as a winger and personally I hope we give Zuvela a shot at making CM his position. The thought of having a squad with Ivanovic on the wing, Zuvela in midfield and Devlin coming off the bench next season makes me very happy.

And a very efficient use of the cap as well - could free up cash for more experienced players in other positions as well.

I would personally bring him to the airport if this is true…

Better you than Terry Antonis

6 Likes

So it looks like Brillante is off with a Korean club the most likely destination.
Last week’s 0-0 was his last match for us after two and a half great years. Glad I gave him a point in the MOTM vote.

1 Like

Would be pretty terrible timing and leave us short in the middle of the park. Big job for Retre or Caceres (if he stops playing right)

Hopefully a few hundred thousand in transfer fees?

Between Caceres and Retre we should have the midfield cover, but we’re in trouble if there’s a serious injury. Is Zuvela back in training yet?

Problem with the Asian seasons not being aligned with our and European calendar.
It’s my biggest annoyance. That and wasps.

1 Like

Retre!!! The guy who hasn’t been in a squad for 6 weeks with no injury or explanation? Cacerces should get the spot.

Brilliante was out of contract end of the year yeah?

Update - so Retre’s back, awks.

Back in under 2 seasons.

Not sure I’d disagree. Korean players are fit and have great stamina, and their technique is better than Aussie players’ so I’m not sure what part of his skill set he’s being brought in for - not meant as a disrespect, because he has been very good for us, but he doesn’t have that x-factor in passing you’d usually want from a foreign player.

Nailed on for NWSW.

Only question is will it be Wanderers, south west or victory signing him

Zuvela did an ACL if I recall so wouldn’t be back until next season.

Happy for either Retre or Caceres to get a run tbh. Wouldn’t mind Devlin taking a game either.