Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

Fantastic stuff, always rated the kid, and after that stint at the Nix I remember thinking he’d be the perfect backup to Rhyno if we could lure him back… now that we may be losing Rhyan for the Asian Cup this is perfect timing to abuse those injury replacement rules. :+1:

Tratt will perfectly cover RB if we need Paulo to fill in elsewhere.

We signed so many this year on to paid contracts… None must be right backs?

I’m OK with this signing for some reason.

King is the only defender I remember and he is a LB only.

Good to have some cover even if it is just short term. There has been quite a few injuries this season already, is it cause for concern or just coincidence. Warland, De Silva (who’s back fit), De Jong and the big one Buhagiar all got injured in pre season or ealry season

Any thoughts on a possible backup striker who can replace Charles or do we stick with him?

CHUCK Charles, he gives the opposition another player.Gives them the ball 80% of his touches.

I haven’t been impressed so far with Charles but I still think we should persist with him for a bit longer. Give him a proper amount of time to prove himself. It’s a bit unrealistic to expect a kid to come straight into the team and start killing it

Steal Jordan Murray from CCM. As an APIA scoring machine he should be playing with Sydney FC.

I may be biased however. :wink:

Brendan Santalab isn’t getting much game time in Perth…

No.

Where’s the dislike button?

2 Likes

I think you mean where’s the ban

I think the new forum has banned sarcasm detectors.

1 Like

Its no joking matter

While not a classic number 9, Tasuku Sekiya hasn’t been picked up. He got 15 in the NPL and with ALFie or Brosque next to him, he may be able to cause some trouble. While not preferable, Charles is frustrating me more than the wizard of Woy Woy did!

Kid? He’s 21!

I posted this in the Newcastle game thread. More appropriate here though.

We could utilise the mature age rookie salary cap concession and sign an NPL striker (Liam Boland?). We could then use the Charlie money to sign Sekiya to give us a wide option until we get Buhagiar’s IR in January.

Did Boland have a trial with Jets? If he wasn’t good enough for them…

Anyway I’d be happy with bringing Mallia back.

Youd be paying Charlies contract out so that money wouldnt be able to be used

Little tidbit in this article which is largely about De Jong’s recovery:

He will also spend the spare time examining his transfer options. Corica is keen to add one more player to his squad, with room left in their salary cap and an upcoming AFC Champions League campaign to consider. The Sky Blues have scope to go big.
“For five months, there’s enough money there to go for a quality player,” Corica said. “We saved the money for this reason – come January time, we might have needed another player. We’re looking every day, we’re getting players through every day.”