Squad Speculation Thread 2018/19

Corica will get better. It’s his first year as head coach and we are second in the league. He will learn and he will get better. I want him to be with us when he does.

2 Likes

Corica has done ok, only thing that frustrates me is how we play. We are very boring.

Zullo was advancing to provide a forward option, iirc Retre turned it over cheap in the middle so they went quick the other way. It’s happened plenty of times before, every team knows to exploit that space quickly when the opportunity arises, and it’s rarely Zullo at fault.

1 Like

No one at our club has Troisi’s number. :wink:

2 Likes

Wilkinson was calling Grant to close down Baccus, but he didn’t so Tratt stepped forward allowing Harrison to be free.

2 Likes

No-one at the Socceroos training camp has his number either.

2 Likes

Brillante is firmly in the sights of Pohang however Sydney FC are understood to be unwilling to sell him this month unless they receive significant compensation for losing a player on the eve of their finals campaign. Brillante is in the final months of his contract with Sydney FC and is free to move elsewhere in June.

That’s an odd one. Pohang are shit out of luck with Ugarkovic, being the only one likely to miss a finals campaign, also being the only one of the three remaining under contract.

I can’t see City letting Brattan walk now for nothing and nor should we with Josh. I imagine we would have been far more open in January when we would have still been able to look for a replacement. But failing that they can still cough up a fee now if they really want him, so hoping to see the club hold firm and no repeat of Vedranism.

I think just our free flowing style is woeful this year under Corica

i just hate our style of play, if you look at bloody MV, for the past 10 years they play fast attacking football every year and always have decent strikers which are going to put away 15 goals plus a year

yeah but if you look at MV, for the past 10 years they’ve all been c*nts

11 Likes

I was going to post something on this, that despite their coach being an uncompromising defender, MV are very dynamic going forward and really surprisingly poor at the back.
I don’t know what this means.

What free-flowing style? Its rigid as fuck.

1 Like

It’s because they don’t have a balance in midfield that offers much protection for the back 4. Troisi, Antonis and Honda are all good going forward, so too much of the defensive grunt work falls to either old man Valeri or Baena who doesn’t bother tracking runners as the sole 6.

Well well well:

It’s understood the Sky Blues were adamant they would only release Brillante for an undisclosed transfer fee - with the midfielder under contract until the end of the current campaign.
However, Pohang made it clear to Brillante’s management that there was no budget available to pay a transfer fee, which was information not communicated with Sydney FC or the player.

1 Like

Good. I like that the club stood up for itself and didn’t take that shit. Brillante will just have to wait until the season is over. Hopefully he doesn’t kick up a stink about it but I don’t think he seems the type to do such a thing.

Hopefully he uses this international break to find an agent who’s not a dumbarse.

We are so static especially in the final third. There have been times this season where I’ve felt bad for Le Fondre because we’ve been so slow going forward its been almost impossible to create real chances for him. I really hope we can improve on this for next season.

In saying that we were never quite as dynamic as say MV under Arnie but we scored a lot regardless and were still very good. Perhaps part of the reason our play has been sluggish this season could be due to personnel but I also have a suspicion it could be due to not having a clear plan of how we are going to score. Sometimes it seems like we get into the final third and don’t really have a clear plan for penetrating the oppositions defence and as a result they just end up sitting back and we struggle to create anything.

Yeah his agent has done himself out of a client who one day could have made him a decent little package.