Squad speculation thread 2020/21

He’s now a free agent and keen to return to the A-League:

Newcastle are apparently chasing two young unnamed strikers already in the league. If the loans are still a thing, loaning them Ivanovic could really be a win win. Swibel could get his minutes he gets more minutes we still keep him.

Also cap cuts mean its unlikely to get a big replacement for ALF (assuming his move is confirmed). With that in mind what about Giannou. Hes the best off contract Aussie striker: https://www.transfermarkt.com/detailsuche/spielerdetail/suche/23619042

All those players on the list whose hugely promising careers tanked for one reason or another. Think Eli Babalj. Seems like a terrible shame.

All media reports were suggesting Kosta was signed on a 3 year deal, which would take him through till 2021/22, unless I’ve missed something?

Fixed, I couldn’t find a press release that stated the precise length of his contract so I assumed two years.

So I assume this is going to be a pretty quiet thread this off season? Not really likely we’ll be getting anyone new…

Depends if ALF goes. But yeah, that’d be the only speculation we have.

And we’ve already been beaten to the man who’d make the HAL his bitch by Al Sharjah. :unamused:

Who?

A potential signing for a team that doesn’t exist yet is really weird.

1 Like

I think that largely depends on what happens with the bargaining agreement/pay cuts and also what happens with the cap for next season. Any major movement on those could see some more players head for the exit.

Jonathas. But don’t mind me, I have this dream every year. :wink:

2 Likes

Another youth player seems to have left

A-League Hub
@AleagueHub

Rangers appear poised to confirm the signing of Australian talent Adrian Segecic from Sydney FC. The midfielder, who has represented Australia at U-16 level, was spotted at the tunnel and on the board. [

@SbudRanger

]

3 youth midfielders moving to decent clubs is good work for the academy.

Well !!! we just missed out on Charlie Adam , he’s gone back to Dundee FC :smiley::stuck_out_tongue:

Rangers have a pretty poor track record of bringing through young players, think like Barrie McKay and Ross McCrorie are probably their last (qualified) successes.

Good luck to the young lad, but not sure it’s a great choice.

Off season needs more wild and ridiculous rumours.

With ALF seemingly gone we need a new #9. Barcelona have apparently just released Luis Suarez. ABJ-Ninkovic-ALF-Suarez would be a nice front 4.

Why has the move to India not be announced for Alf? Bit odd

I am still hanging out for Edinson Cavani. More likely to fit out ‘good person, good player’ philosophy than chompers Suarez.

Giroud was on the bench for Chelsea last weekend, maybe he wants more first team game time?

1 Like

Everything has been very quiet since the Barcelona president denied Messi his dream move to the harbour city.

5 Likes