Squad Speculation Thread 2021/22

Sergio Ramos attacking Brattan set pieces? Would we even need to bother with forwards?

I guess Wilko could carry Ramos around for a couple of seasons

5 Likes

I think we missed the boat on Ramos as he’s signed for PSG. There is however a decent #10 out there on a free who’d work well on our right, cutting in on his left…

Don’t know if he’s be happy being the second best #10 in our side

3 Likes

My only issue with the “just promote Warland, we’ll be fine” like of thinking is that we thought that when Alfie left and it set us back big time for the season.

But at the same time I don’t want to spend the foreign spot on it, and don’t know of any good Aussies available.

I think Warland has done enough to warrant a starting spot as CB in the first team. Keeping in mind that there are a number of youth players including HVS who could act as cover for CB and Grant, we could field a decent defence with what we already have. .

1 Like

Intrigued by the idea of VDS as a centre back; has he played there much? Sometimes he doesn’t seem quite comfortable enough on the ball for a modern right back, or a midfielder.

I sort of agree. I might be influenced by his size physically. Why don’t the coaches think of him as a central defender? A ball playing central defender.

I don’t know. They must.

No way Warland hangs around to be the #3 CB again next season.

I’ve never seen him play at CB, and I wouldn’t think he’s built for it anyway. Happy to be corrected though.

Bit different, we must’ve always been planning on ALF coming back for the business end of the season, there’s no other reason it was set as a loan deal.

Promoting Warland would be closer to how Paulo earned his shot starting at #6. Done his time as a squaddie off the bench and done well when filling in as a starter when needed. In Warland’s case it’s also clear the club have rated him for some time having stuck with him through previous injuries.

My guess is 3 of Burgess signing, Hof, Wood or Bobo contract extensions

Trio of announcements doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s 3 players.
My guess is Burgess confirmed, Corica staying/gone, installation of cup holders in the new stadium.

2 Likes

Surely that’d be a stand alone announcement…

2 Likes

Prize for watching would also be stand alone

You’re right. With that in mind

1. Burgess confirmed
  2. Bobo extension triggered
  3. Club folded

I’m assuming it will be official word on the club’s stance on Portuguese chicken. Particularly following scurrilous words being thrown around this board lately.

5 Likes

I was sick in the stomach with what I was reading on here yesterday.

1 Like

PCC will do that to you.

I assume the hate is just people who can’t handle their chilli and therefore prefer Silvas’ bland capsicum sauce?

1 Like