Streets of our town - the Sydney thread

apparently not known to authorities, sounds like a loner who just snapped.

Sounds like it started as domestic violence, then escalated from there.

Alternate ending to Falling Downā€¦

Good riddance lockout laws, terrible legislation that was catastrophic for our city.

1 Like

Still will remain in the cross though. Got to preserve those property price increases.

I go out drinking regularly in the CBD but Iā€™m usually asleep in bed way before the lock out laws kick in. Still at least I can stay out longer if I need to now

Great result for KSO and those that fought so hard, but the damage has been done with venue closures.

Iā€™m the same most of the time. But there are loads of people who donā€™t actually head out until about 10pm and stay out 'til dawn.

Iā€™ve been caught out by the laws a few times, the most recent was when I walked out of place because a couple of my colleagues wanted to have a smoke and we were having a massive conversation about something so I joined them while they got their fix. When we went to walk back in the bouncers wouldnā€™t let us in, citing the laws. They literally watched us the whole time but wouldnā€™t let us back in, even though we said our bags were still in the pub. We had to call our other friends and ask them to get our stuff for us. Iā€™m sure this was just the bouncers being knobs, but seriously, WTF.

I was watching the Recovery doco on ABC last night and part of the way through I wish they brought it back.
By the end I realised it was a one of a kind and a product of its time. Even with the best intentions any re-incarnation would just be a pale, sanitised imitation of the original.
Thatā€™s how I feel about Kings Cross.
One positive to come from this is that it should see the revitalisation of Oxford Street.

1 Like

I mean, the lockouts didnā€™t directly affect me since my days of staying out past midnight are pretty much done, but so happy these shithouse laws are in the bin where they belong.

Hot tip for politicians: if the Daily Telegraph is for it, itā€™s a garbage idea.

I know itā€™s been horrendously over budget and over schedule, but so keen for the light rail to come in, think itā€™s already a game changer for our city with the pedestrianisation of key parts of the CBD. City looks magnificent now.

Yeah, I drove to the rocks yesterday and the light rail looks amazing. Was great to be able tomdrive down George St again!

1 Like

The pedestrianisation of George St around the QVB has been great. I work near there and Iā€™ve been far more likely to go across George Street for food.

1 Like

You can cross George St underground in like 3-4 places around there?

This is much faster coming from the Harbour though.

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty niche Sydney content, but stumbled across this Twitter account that is planning to document every train station on the network:

https://twitter.com/Sydney_Stations

1 Like

Sounds like something Iā€™d do! (I do take pictures pretty much any time I visit a station anyway)

1 Like

They skipped the sham. They suck.

Theyā€™re obviously saving the porko chicken ā€˜til last.

Thereā€™s also this blog which I enjoy: https://www.sydneycompletion.com

2 Likes