Streets of our town - the Sydney thread

We’re about to lose another Sydney institution. :cry:

Jizz Fashion at Town Hall station is having a closing down sale, nothing over $39.99 apparently. Never set foot inside of course, but sure gonna miss snickering each and every time I walk past.

5 Likes

Sad news. Not the happy ending we’d expect, given the name.

5 Likes

A sad day indeed. I’m not afraid to admit I got a good laugh every time I walked past. i even took a drunken photo of their sign 1 day. Never been in the place either though

I’ve always laughed at the fact their website certainly doesn’t have jizz in the address.

This is devastating news. Boo to gentrification.

News this morning means a sad farewell to an icon of our Sydney lives. Golden Century Seafood Restaurant on Sussex Street has become another victim of the COVID era.

This after BBQ King last year :sob:

FFFFFFFuuuuuuck

The BBQ duck always had that extra kick in the taste for being marinated in the blood of failed ALP dreams and ambitions.

6 Likes

I’m still mourning Raquel’s on Oxford from a few years back, not ready for this. The depth of my sadness knows no end.

Where are all the dodgy NSW Labor politicians going to go to collect their kickbacks now?

Does this mark the end of organised crime as we know it?

China town is the best. Especially the older dank parts

Enjoy it all while it lasts. Almost all the places I used to go every weekend during my trips into town are all long gone now.

Some good news at least

7 Likes

That is good news. I could really go some of those pipis and XO sauce right now…:drooling_face:

Or the whole fish with ginger and shallot…:drooling_face:

No wait, the duck pancakes…:drooling_face:

Fuck I’m hungry.

1 Like

Wait BBQ king closed? Fuck that shit.

A historic former Manly ferry has sunk in Sydney Harbour, following a decades-long push for the dilapidated vessel to be restored.

The 99-year old MV Baragoola began taking on water at its mooring beside the Coal Loader at Balls Head Reserve in the lower north shore suburb of Waverton about 10.30pm on Saturday, police said.

Are we sure that’s not just one of the new ones?

11 Likes

I’m sure they could retrieve the wreckage and restore it in some dry dock somewhere……if they wanted to