Sydney FC Academy NPL 2020 Season

Yeah, thought I recognised Alameddine’s name, figured it was from an FFA Cup game.

Did enjoy the commentary. He was pretty knowledgeable.

Love that these are being put on youtube and i can go back and watch it back even if i missed it live.

Perfection by the commentator.

And Jordi also made the team of the week.

Highlights are up:

I missed the first half, so was good to catch our two goals.

That first one was interesting…

That is a terrible handball call

Could be a tough afternoon for the lads against Marconi I reckon.

Are we close to having a women’s NPL side?

If it’s even on the list it should be about priority Z atm. With the current state of the W-League (length of season, constant recycling of players etc) it’s not likely to deliver the same sort of benefits or pathways.

2 Likes

Our finishing has let us down. So many chances, particularly to open the second half, then one chance for Marconi and they’re 2-0 up.

Streaming service for NPL NSW and QLD to commence March 20. Free service, with an option for a full HD option for a small fee.

They really seem to be getting their shit together in terms of engagement etc.

That’s impressive. I imagine no more YouTube streams then.

Sounds like it, which is a shame because it was easy to get YouTube on my TV. Web stream isn’t as good, but I’ll give it a crack.

Sounds like it can chromecast though so shouldn’t be hard to get that up on the TV.

Great news. A little bit more publicity about when games are on would be nice as I always seem to forget

Watching North Shore Mariners vs Sydney FC in the NPL1. 25 minutes in, 1-0 to the good guys. Flottmann headed in from a nice cross. We seem to be bossing the game for the most part.

What a fucking goal! Swibel scores from halfway.

Absolute worldie. 2-0 and looking really good.

That was a hell of a strike.