Sydney FC Women 2018-19

I recall they did the same last year when we hosted City. I get it deserves to be a stand alone event but I really cbf heading out to the stadium 2 days running. Being a weekend when the boys are at home I’d be far more inclined to go if it was on the same day.

This is a hell of a game.

Our girls have really made it when they are also subject to getting royally fucked by Ticketek in finals ticketing processes.

Email at 11am to say tickets are on sale at 11am - check

Accompanying complete lack of advice in relation to various sale periods - check

Quickly get numbers of interested people, then use provided password to be provided with shithouse tickets - check

Confirmation tickets were shithouse was through having to look up the venue map seperately on SFC site, because of course the cunts at Ticketek don’t put it anywhere visible during the ticket buying process.

Cancelled that order and logged back in using same SFC member password and now only being offered ONE ticket at a time.

Go and get fucked. I can’t be bothered.

2 Likes

I had a moment this morning when I thought the Grand Final would be in Perth. forgot about the finishing 1 goal above them.
Then had sad moment when I realised I wouldn’t get to the match.

A novel thought for the FFA : demand ticketek to put the best seats on for the members only pre sale and not the shit ones . It never ceases to amaze how shabby their treatment of the most loyal fans. Fortunately for this one you can wait to buy at last minute or at door and almost certainly get seats you want. Cannot see more than 6k there given past finals.

Yeah earlier it was only offering me South West Upper Grandstand, which appears to be very far corner of the stand opposite Cove end. I’m not buying reserved seats near the bloody goal line.

Just staggering that there’s no info PRIOR to the game going on sale (and yeah it won’t sell out, but still, they pull the same shit for in demand games like away derbies and stuff these days, giving you no time to get a group organised), no specified time period of the various sale windows here: https://www.w-league.com.au/tickets

an obvious glitch offering only 1 ticket per transaction with the SFC member password, and no venue map available during the process.

There’s only one solution: burn Ticketek to the fucking ground.

2 Likes

I reckon we’re in for a new record crowd. The Kerr effect, how much Kogarah has gotten around the club, and growing popularity of womens football could potentially see us hit even 10k

I’m so disappointed I’m not able to get to this one. The final last year was such a good day out bare the result.

LOL, my experience was virtually identical. I may have a look later in the week to see if there are any decent seats left but at this stage, I’m on the lounge

I bought some tickets last night - got reserved seats in the upper grandstand in the middle of the pitch. $50 for a family of 4 seems decent enough (taking my nieces to the game).

Cheers, I tried again today and got Upper Grandstand section 4, seems right on half way.

Only took 24 hours of quality curmudgeon time, but got there in the end. Now for Gallop to show his face on the day. :pray:

Yeah, that’s where my seats are too.

At the conclusion of this Grand Final I’m assuming the presentations will be made by Gallop or by some other person from FFA.

If this happens I fear for the potential reaction from the crowd given the recent events.

It would be a real shame for whoever the successful team is if they are unable to fully enjoy their success.

They’ll be booed when they are announced and then the crowd will cheer the winner like what happens whenever this scenario occurs (gallop, lowy, prime minister)

Sure it’s not NorthWestUpper (NWUG4) which is right above the corner flag? Thats where it’s offering me right now…

Nah definitely just UPPER4. Bought about 11am this morning.

Yesterday it was only offering us “SOUTHWUG”.

1 Like

Maybe because I’m buying a single seat… fuck it, I can’t be arsed.

I’m only being offered potentially restricted view tickets in UPPER5… are there actually restricted views from up there?

Mine said the same, but I doubt it.

I think the front row or two has a metal bar in their way which might account for it.