The Adam Le Fondre Thread

I thought both Alfie and Kosta had contracts for next season (as does most of our squad)?

I think you are correct but who knows what will happen with the reported reduced salary cap and all the stuff going on with COVID and the TV deal. I do find it weird how they were banging on about ALF reaching his goal target to trigger an extension and then never hearing anything more. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if heā€™s gone. But then again they might just not announce that stuff.

Either way its pretty clear we need a some new/younger players, especially going forward. I think our GF win last year and winning the plate this year has obscured how incredibly average our football has been. The actual quality of play has declined a lot in the past 2 years and weā€™ve only been successful because everyone else sucks even more than us. We havenā€™t actually been that good.

However I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Corica is overly conservative (as usual) and doesnā€™t change much this off-season. And if that occurs I personally see us having a couple of years of mediocrity.

1 Like

My general feeling is that we havenā€™t really dominated this year. There havenā€™t been as many demolitions and weā€™ve scrapped through more often than not

1 Like

Weā€™ve had afew moments of demolition but mostly been coasting it in (but not in a Gosford kind of way)

I think we have played really enjoyable football the last two years; much more inventive and free-flowing than under Arnie. I donā€™t know if every other team has been shit. Most have played really well in the last few weeks even after some lost key players to Covid-induced repatriations. Losing Branners deprived us of a core, perhaps the core defensive weapon we had in the Arnie golden years when the GKs rarely had anything to do and even the CBs looked like they were underemployed. So, we are leaking more goals this year.

Lots of talk of Alfie leavingā€¦ but he has just posted this on his instagram

8 Likes

I read that as ā€œthose were some great times and memories so Iā€™ll get this to remember them by as I move onto the next chapterā€

3 Likes

Orā€¦
I want to raise my children in the greatest city of them allā€¦

I donā€™t see any tattoos of the Reading or Bolton skylines on his shoulders

4 Likes

Theyā€™re not on his shouldersā€¦

Heā€™s obviously left some room on the lower part of his arm for Mumbai

1 Like

The buttocks would be the appropriate place for those two city skylines.

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re his kids, missed opportunity to win the all time bantz award by getting this instead:

1 Like

I certainly hope so. Questions would be asked otherwise.

Just scored his 250th professional goal

ALF from 7:15.

2 Likes

Charles bean ovalā€¦ the scene of many a grand final triumph

1 Like

Do you play for Lindfield FC? Saw Alf and ABJ there a few mornings during peak Covid. They were working out with the Joner lads. Joner were also training some young kids who looked like they were going to really go places.

No - Iā€™ve been with North Sydney in various grades and ages over the last 20 years

Wasnā€™t his absolute best campaign, but hereā€™s all of his goals from the season. A lot of headed goals for a short man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THdLW3bHvrE

1 Like

Another great pic from last night:

Still amazing how we replaced Bobo with ALF. After the end of season form hes shown, does ALF stay for another season?

4 Likes