The Bundesliga Thread

Erling Haaland sure has hit the ground running at Dortmund.

I’ll give it 18 months before Bayern call dibs on Haaland.

And that’s how fine the razor’s edge is.

Only a couple of days after they announced that they were going to recommence the competition 2 Cologne(?) players tested positive. That should have been enough to again postpone the competition but stupidly they pursued this “early” start putting the financial windfall from tv rights & gambling ahead of player safety & competition integrity.
I like to call it the NRL model.

This Dortmund - Schalke game feels like a weird mix of a regular season game, in that the tackles are snappy, and pre season fixture where you can hear everything and there’s a lot of rust.

Lovely goal from Haland. Finish wasn’t superb but build up was lovely.

Great to see Gladbach continuing their form :slight_smile:

I have to say, Kayo would be desperate right now for sporting content (and customers) so you think they’d be on their game and serve up the best product that they can now that the Bundesliga has restarted. I planned to renew my subscription and watch the mini of the Gladbach game and then some others this morning but there were no minis from the games overnight, only full replays (I checked before subscribing). With decent official 5-6 min highlights on YouTube which are free, I find it had to justify forking out for Kayo at the moment until I have an opportunity to watch a live game.

Bayern not content with buying all the other teams best played have bought Nagelsmann as their next manager

In fairness they’ve wanted him for a while now. They tried to bring him in for the 18/19 season but he chose to stay at Hoffenheim for one more season before moving to Leipzig.

RB Leipzig finished second to Bayer last season. Bayer go and buy their coach, best defender and captain. What a league

The coach was always going to happen. He’s been a lifelong fan, grew up just outside of Munich and has been courted on and off for 6 years.

Freiburg have just reached their first ever German Cup final. They will play the winner of Red Bull Leipzig and Union Berlin

2 Likes

Only just caught up with the Bundesliga play-off highlights, Hamburg’s misery continues. :grin:

Since the most predictable and deserved “big club” relegation of them all I think they’ve managed to finish 4th in 2.B every year, by like a single point or on GD or something, and painfully miss the chance at promotion. This year they finished 3rd and made the promotion / relegation play-off against Hertha Berlin, despite winning 1-0 away in the first leg they managed to lose 2-0 at home in the second.

So Hertha remain in the Bundesliga and Hamburg experience at least a 5th season down in 2.B.

1 Like

Do they still have that timer in the stands?

According to the stadium’s wiki, no, they binned it.

“A large clock was added to the northwest corner in 2001 to commemorate HSV’s status as the only club to have played continuously in the Bundesliga since its foundation. The clock marks the time, down to the second, since the league was founded on 24 August 1963. However, after Hamburg’s relegation to the 2nd tier, it was updated to reflect HSV’s foundation. After the 2018-19 season though, the clock was ultimately taken down, replaced with the coordinates of the Volksparkstadion.” :rofl:

The big disappointment in that is if Hertha had gone down then Stevan Jovetic may had become available.
I can’t see any reason why he wouldn’t move to Sydney.

Struggling to find highlights this season. Any suggestions?

Bein YouTube channel:

Cheers. I couldn’t remember how I was watching them last season. I’m in Germany at the moment so I will try with a VPN. Seems that Sky and DAZN hold the rights to the highlights as well, there doesn’t seem to be a way to watch them freely in Germany.