The NRL Thread- Everyone gets a coach

Inglis retires, effective immdiately

One of the modern greats

How does that mess Souths around this season? I can’t imagine there were many impressed people when they heard that news.

I think it messes up Souths because there’s no way we can get a player of his calibre to replace him plus at the moment there’s a little injury crisis in the backs.

As for people being unimpressed; it was pretty much inevitable that he was not right for this season so people are not surprised. Also he has earned enough credit for helping get Souths their first premiership in 43 years.

Plus we’ve just freed up a considerable amount of cap space to spread across existing players or bringing in a big name free agent.

Some of the youngsters coming through, injuries aside, are quality - there was already a clear plan for life post inglis.

Hopefully that is the case although based on reports it might not be clear cut.

Apparently Phil Gould said tonight that Suncorp Stadium is the best football stadium in the world :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Wow. Hyperbole in a State if Origin? What next…

On GI, I’d there was the rumour we were after Latrell Mitchell to replace him, which I didn’t mind, but after last night…

Yeah I heard that too. To be fair, the NRL “world” is really small. Not as small as AFL’s, but still really small.

1 Like

My favorite but was when state of origin was WAR within 3 seconds

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

This is why I hate the fact that SOO is exclusive to Channel 9.

Also Rabs; yes we get it, Jake Trbojevic’s has a Serbian background.

It kinda seems like a bizarre concept to me now, Origin. I’m not a fan of rugby league by any means, but now that there’s a team from Melbourne in the comp, and talk of an expansion team in Perth, how does Origin justify its place as the pinnacle of the game when only two states are involved? Doesn’t it alienate fans of the game not from these states? Or even severely dampen the prospect of expanding the game any further and garnering outside fans? Surely the NRL must be grappling with this as a future problem if broadening the games base is at all part of their agenda.

I’ve said it before but Ray Warren should’ve been put out to pasture a long time ago… last night he just repeated himself, over and over.

And no, shouting someones name when nothing is happening is not good commentary

The whole of the CH9 coverage was appalling to be honest, especially the attempted questioning of Freddie while he was in the coaches box, and his team under the pump that was incredibly painful to watch.

For once, give me Fox coverage

Apart from brenton speed, Fox’s coverage is really good

1 Like

I can’t agree more. They have great analysis but still have one or two shows where they are clowns in. The clown/over the top factor doesn’t interfere with the games like it does with Ch 9.

1 Like

ABC does live commentary of SOO.
Andrew Moore, Luke Lewis & Matt Elliott were great, as usual, last night. No overselling, excitement when something happens but just call the game as it happens.

I thought we blew the game with our bombed tries in the first half. Happy that I was wrong!
Bring on Perth!

All the players still come from NSW or Queensland.

The actual number of juniors who’ve come up from Melbourne ever wouldn’t even add up to one team surely.

Wasn’t it a big deal a few years ago because the first guy from Melbourne was playing for Melbourne?

Wests Tigers have today confirmed that Josh Reynolds has been charged by New South Wales Police with a domestic violence offence.

Both Josh and Wests Tigers has previously alerted the police and NRL on this matter and will continue to work closely with the NRL Integrity Unit and NSW Police as Josh vigorously defends this charge.

As this is an ongoing legal matter, Wests Tigers will be making no further comment at this time.