The run home: 2021-22 ALM

I think it’s up to Sydney FC to field players within the guidelines. Otherwise why would we be getting punished if it’s an APL match commissioner’s fault for approving something they shouldn’t have? Responsibility is likely ours but the match commissioner might be responsible for reviews after the fact etc.

4 Likes

It’s the responsibility of both parties. First for us to follow the rules and then for them to make sure the rules are enforced. I think in this case, the assumption is that each game, the APL will check the benches

Spots 5,6 and 7 should be marked on the team sheet as u23 only.

It’s really not that hard to set these things up so its hard to happen.

5 Likes

Yep. I don’t really mind us getting punished because it should be pretty easily picked up by at least one of our staff. If the match commissioner didn’t do their job I would think that’s been dealt with by the APL separately.

Who cares.

1 Like

My worry with bringing back Bobo and ALF was always that it was going stunt Wood’s development. One made sense both seemed a bad idea. Unfortunately its played out that way

Maybe a correlation/causation scenario but things seem to have certainly slipped since Danny T started splitting jobs.

1 Like

Thaaaaank fuck this season is finally ending.

Still waiting on Wanderers’ fine for flares though.

1 Like

Next season:

New CEO
New coach
New stadium
Lots of new players, younger?

I’m actually looking forward to it. :blue_heart:

When did Terry leave?

But if no one knows the game is on therefore no one is watching, why should we have to comply with the rules?

What happened to the conspiracy?

I blame VAR

Plausible deniability.

1 Like

This would never have happened if we didn’t always let our best youth go.

1 Like

It’s because we let Janko go

That’s a big call

1 Like

No it’s not.

It’s because we signed Janko in the first place.

Maybe the rules were on Paramount+

2 Likes

Maybe the mumble rap A-League song is actually saying “You must field 3 U-23 players on the bench”

I’m more worried that we’re in serious danger of missing the Cup next season…