Week 13 - 2020-21 Discussion

I don’t mind Zappers as the main commentator. Archie, on the other hand, seemed to suggest Jamieson is an inverted full-back. FMD

Maclaren is a machine

His movement this season is just unstoppable. A poacher that is happy to also go wide or make a run from deep. Almost impossible to predict.

I’d love to see him do the same thing for the Socceroos.

CCM aren’t even in this game.

This is a 1-0 thrashing so far

City do use inverted fullbacks. When they are in the attacking third against a low block Jamo/Atkinson are 2-3m further inside than we would have Zullo/Grant. It works with Nabbout and Noone being so wide. Its not super pronounced but its unique to HAL (i think).

Isn’t an inverted wing back/full back playing someone with the opposite foot usually used in their position (e. g. Left footed right back) and then having them cut inside from full back?

That’s what I thought. In theory, you could use those full-backs to do underlaps slightly inside the wide attackers. But they’re not inverted.

They tuck in, that’s not inverted.

Zappers is annoying as fuck imo, he’s trying way too hard to create the excitement when it’s already a pretty engrossing game of fitba.

He’s also clearly creating more examples of the idiot commentator staring at his monitor instead of looking at the field… “CCM playing it forward to no one” as DDS is off screen, then “except De Silva” as the camera catches up to him. Also called a card to Simmo for talking back when it was clearly to the City player for kicking the ball away. Dumb as dogshit / the guy next to him.

Call me biased but I think Simon Hill and Alex Brosque are the best possible BAL* commentary combination.

• Bunnings A-League
2 Likes

What has happened to the AAMI Park seagulls? Climate change?

City would’ve put 5 past pretty much anyone else in the league by now. Birighitti is having a very good game.

City are absolutely relentless tonight

I haven’t read the article but City using inverted fullbacks has been discussed (by tactics nerds) since Mombaerts.

City have been real good, but if CCM get one they are still odds on to shit the bed like always.

2 Likes

City have faded in the last 30 in the past. This game may not be over.

Inverted fullbacks is where you have a right footer playing on the left and vice versa as it is with inverted wingers.
If the fullback is playing inside of the winger but on their natural foot side then they’re playing narrow.
If they’re doing it on the opposite side to their natural foot then they’re narrow as well as inverted.
Simple really.

3 Likes

I sense a coffee war/table-ladder debate…

Oh boy are they ever back