Week 19 - 2020-21 Discussion

The line didn’t even look on the same point of their shoulders.

Mauk deserves a card

This game was well and truely Beathed

1 Like

Handy result for us. Our grip on 2nd tightens.

Everything’s coming up Sydney! We’re second in PPG now I think

Great work from Western United. Really deserved the win.

This ongoing simulation from Adelaide is disgusting. I am not sure how they get away with it every week.

Fuck VAR off completely next season, or make it for clear and obvious errors ONLY. I mean the real howlers. This is becoming too much.

VAR is ruining football thanks to the obsession of denying goals instead of allowing them. Totally with Harper’s rant at IFAB.

Thats a good result for us though. Adelaide on the game points and game played as us and Western have a game in hand but at best theyre even too.

In fact if Western win their next game there’ll be four teams on 31 points from 19 games

The line on the Adelaide defender isn’t drawn in the correct place. It is supposed to be drawn to the point of his body closest to his goal line.
Drawing to the armpit is for the attacking player.
The point that the red dotted line goes to would be correct if the WU player was the defender and vice versa for the blue dotted line.
It looks like a clear failure of application of the technology.

Are you saying VAR got it wrong?!?!! I’m blown away.

The vast majority of the time the VAR gets the decision technically correct. That doesn’t mean it is the right decision just correct according to the LOTG.
This decision is technically incorrect though as the VAR hasn’t applied the LOTG correctly. It’s like he forgot who the attacking side was.

Is this a breakfast kick-off in Perth?

Pretty sure it was a 1pm kick-off there. I like it.

This pitch is a bit waterlogged

Just a bit…

Devlin booked to make up for the ref incorrectly failing to award a free kick to Brisbane for a different foul moments earlier.

We gonna get three straight 0-0s to start the round?

If we do then our game is guaranteed to be batshit crazy.

1 Like

Flottman off the bench for Brisbane