Heres to Vedran,he was True Blue

His present colours will make you spew

A bit of Vuka and off he flew

Pick it out,pick it out,pick it out
PICK IT OUT!

Nah that Sail looks alright.

Croatian 2nd division it is!

Oh to be a CCM fan.
Only their club can replace the worst keeper in the league by signing the worst keeper in the league.

1 Like

Donā€™t even joke about it. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/santalabs-stories-from-an-amazing-career-in-football-524200

Couldnā€™t hear any of this. Cunt.

Clearly FTBLā€™s definition of an ā€œamazing careerā€ is much different to the realm known as reality.

Riera confirmed as leaving. Sad, such an emblematic player during our insane period of dominance over them. Only upside is seeing which new Piovaccari they get.

2 Likes

Babbel said after the game that Baumjohann was also leaving the club.

Heā€™s been linked with Western United. Iā€™m not sure I see him fitting in with us, but I think an offer on similar terms would trump the Western United gig based on what I know about his current family/living arrangements. His kids have settled in to an appropriate school on the Northern Beaches and training in North Ryde would be far more convenient for him (than training in Western Sydney) and a similar case for training in the Geelong based on the school Iā€™d expect his kids to attend (in Fitzroy). He often does pick up/drop off of his kids so the travel time does make a difference for him.

If we go with a similar system next year, heā€™d be a decent replacement for De Jong, with Ninko on the left and Baum Johan on the right. Granted, De Jong has been playing in the 2 of the 4-4-2 more recently though.

2 Likes

Absolutely perfect in terms of replacing one crocked foreigner with another!

Donā€™t want their rejects and he has a bad attitude.

1 Like

Baumjohann reminds me of Bautheac - can take the piss when on his game, but we could do better for our import spots.

The annual western suburbs bloodletting has commenced:

Western Sydney Wanderers FC today confirmed the departure of a number of players following the conclusion of the clubā€™s season.

Oriol Riera, Josh Risdon, Roly Bonevacia, Raul Llorente, Alex Baumjohann, Jaushua Sotirio, Abraham Majok, Marc Tokich, Rashid Mahazi, John Roberts and Giancarlo Gallifuoco have all completed their contracts and departed the club today.

Youd imagine Riera back to Spain, Baumjohann might join Risdon at WU, Majoks rumoured to CCM. Mahazi and Sotirio seem like CCM signings too.

Gallifuoco went alright so so surprised they didnt keep him around for depth.

Surprised thereā€™s no word on captain Hamill yet.

Sotirio should be headed to the NPL, has absolutely no business getting another HAL deal at this point.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a pipe dream, but how amazing would it be if we were to sign the lot and win the league, winning all games with Sotirio getting golden boot

1 Like

Apparently Gallifuoco turned them down

2 Likes

I know many here would hate it on principle, but I like the idea of Riera leading our line and Alf playing off his shoulder. Would give Zullo and Grant someone plausible to aim their crosses at too.