Western United Thread

Signed Josh Cavallo from City. Supposedly a double announcement tomorrow.

With 12 players supposedly signed

Kurto
Risdon Calver Aspro Pierias
Chapman-Kone
Pain-Pasquali-Yuel
Stamatelopoulos

Bench: Cavallo

With 3 visa spots to go youd be thinking probably a CB, LB and CF. That would get them up to 15 players and a backup keeper and its 16. Imagine then those last 6-7 would be a few NPL players and a few other a-league squaddie types.

Kurto, Calver, Chapman, Kone and Pasquali would be ok signings for us but it’s pretty meh overall. Hope their unannounced signings are decent. Good for the league if they do well.

Worse teams have made finals. Really just missing a top striker and some more experienced heads to balance out the youth.

Maybe they can be conned into signing Mark Bridge.

1 Like

They’ll sign Jedinak and either he or Chapman will play in a back 3.

Isn’t Jedinak on EPL coin for another year?

No, he’s off contract at the end of the season.
There may be an option for 1 more year in his contract but I can’t see Villa taking it up.

Exactly. Considering how bog average anyone from 4th down is at the moment, a finals appearance in their first season is a distinct possibility. Plenty of time for them to nail down some quality foreigners, many of whom will be coming off contract on or around July 1 overseas. That’s the time for Western United to strike, and get the quality of foreigners they need.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned by apparently they get multiple u23 players outside the cap.

Even if its true, its not going to help them unless they’re good players. Are there really that many good under-23 players seriously worth paying too much for?

I guess they’re not getting six foreigners for their first season, either.

:joy:

We did The Wedge in season 2.

I’d go with The Convocation cause I’m intellectuals and shit.

1 Like

They should go with “The Group”. Nobody can possibly say that anyone else uses it.

1 Like

WAWCRY is amazing.

This is the most A-League club of all time.

Can’t wait for them being sued for using ‘The West Wing’.

1 Like

I vote for the flock. We know there’s an abundance of seagulls down south, so maybe they can tie it all together with shit haircuts.

3 Likes

It will be apt. It sounds like they will be feeding off scraps.

1 Like

Oh dear. They’re all atrocious.

The Group or “Active Support” is a name generic and vague enough to fit their brand

1 Like

I spent a bit of time yesterday evening and this morning looking at the Western United supporters groups which have sprung up. Remarkably, there is already a split in the We Are West group, with a new group called Western Service Crew kicking off (over 200 members on their Facebook group already). They have a podcast already and are selling scarves to pay for their other stuff. At least one of the guys involved in it was involved in Heart’s terrace as well.

It’s interesting to see a couple of groups kicking off already as some other supporter groups in the country are contracting or disappearing.