Where will Sydney FC finish?

• 1st
  • 2nd
  • 3rd/4th
  • 5th/6th
  • 7th or below

0 voters

Okay so this is also an excuse to test out the new poll feature. Where do you think we will finish?

My tip is 2nd behind MV but given Corica is a still unknown entity and we have ACL commitments 3rd or 4th wouldn’t surprise me.

SFC and MV are best for mine, but the extra six games is a notable burden. Sydney in particular have a difficult last seven matches of the season when ACL will be on:

FRI 1 MAR 2019, 7.50PM
SYDNEY FC
ADELAIDE UNITED
A-LEAGUE | R21
LEICHHARDT OVAL

SAT 16 MAR 2019, 7.50PM
SYDNEY FC
MELBOURNE CITY FC
A-LEAGUE | R22
SYDNEY CRICKET GROUND

FRI 29 MAR 2019, 7.50PM
BRISBANE ROAR FC
SYDNEY FC
A-LEAGUE | R23
SUNCORP STADIUM

SAT 6 APR 2019, 7.50PM
SYDNEY FC
MELBOURNE VICTORY
A-LEAGUE | R24
SYDNEY CRICKET GROUND

SAT 13 APR 2019, 7.50PM
WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS FC
SYDNEY FC
A-LEAGUE | R25
ANZ STADIUM

THU 18 APR 2019, 7.50PM
SYDNEY FC
PERTH GLORY
A-LEAGUE | R26
SYDNEY CRICKET GROUND

SAT 27 APR 2019, 5.35PM
NEWCASTLE JETS
SYDNEY FC
A-LEAGUE | R27
MCDONALD JONES STADIUM

So far I haven’t understood the hype for victory. Their preseason has been terrible results wise, but I have been told before not to look too much into preseason games. I’m not saying we’ll win the plate, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we do. Corica has recruited really well in a difficult situation and we have the right people at the club to ensure we continue our success

The injuries to Buhagiar and DDS can’t be helping ALF and Siem’s transitions into the team, which was probably going to take some time anyway. I suspect that we’ll start a little slow, and possibly be stuck a position or few back if another club finds form early.

I went with 3rd/4th.

We seem to be playing well in FFA cup and have appear to have gained some o/s players of a high level. I have faith in Corica he comes accross as being humble-if the players buy into his vision i think we’ll come first.

Ive tipped us 3rd/4th the last few seasons and I will say that again.

Victory have bought in so much class and Perth I think will finally sort themselves out. The league as a whole shapes a lot tighter than previous seasons

I enjoyed Kossie on the Fox Football podcast tipping us to come top and Melbourne to bomb massively and miss the finals. They have been pretty dire, though it will really come down to their defenders as their front line has enough there to get plenty of goals.
Something tells me Toivonen may end up being shite. We can only hope

I think if we don’t get many more injuries we will win or give it a good shake. If we do get a few though we are buggered. Not much depth. This method worked for Arnie, hopefully Coricas luck holds out also

In the predictions thread I had them missing the finals. People have quickly forgotten how far off the pace they were last season. No way they overturn a 20-odd point difference.
I think City are the only team with the ability to overturn the points difference from last season and if they finish below us it will mean that we’ve just gone out and won the whole gosh darn thing again!