Women's World Cup 2019 - the other games

Big upset that. I watched the first half, for the 6 minutes Germany were in front the commentator didn’t stop banging out statistics and indicating it was all a forgone conclusion. It was a right hoof out of defence for the equaliser, but man, talk about the commentators curse.

England could have had that game if they were more clinical. USA were there for the taking.

Another game ruined by VAR for me. That goal should have stood. If you need freeze frame to ascertain it was offside, then fuck off.
Still, happy to see England out. Disappointed that this pretty dull US team march on.

On the other hand they wouldn’t have been given the penalty that they missed.

Paul Scholes on instagram is losing his mind as the “offside line” that they used has her onside from a different angle (tbf i thought it was offside)

the penalty was genuinely awful…

Je suis Oranje.

120 minutes in the legs and a day’s rest less than the US. The Dutch are farked.

Any word on Asllani’s injury? It looked really worrying - she did not seem to move at all after landing, including when they were getting her on the stretcher, and the extended use of strapping hints at a suspected spinal injury.

Anybody found the comments about Morgans goal celebration odd? I see lots of articles of them defending their tea cup celebration, but not many articles criticizing it. Just a few tweets here and there, but mostly saying it was just banter.

I thought it was great. I think the womens games suffers from the lack of vitriol, abuse and banter in the stands. I hope they have have a smoking joint celebration if they score against the dutch and i hope the Dutch have a semi automatic rifle celebration ready to aim at school children If they score.

1 Like

Sweden gets up over England 2-1. Close game, super enjoyable. Sweden got up 2 early, England score 2 before half time but one gets erased for a handball.
England dominate the 2nd half but can’t manage to put the ball in the net, including one headed goal line clearance.

Congrats USA. Definitely the best team in the tournament

Interestingly, they beat all the other 3 semi finalists plus the hosts along the way. Has beating the other 3 semi finalists ever been done before in women’s or men’s WCs?

And IIRC we’re still last to beat them!