World News-The US-Free Zone

So North Korea has officially “suspended military operations against South Korea.” Seeing it for the peacocking that it is, it does beg the question:

Who would win in a full blown war? You have the technologically superior South Korea, with the help of the US vs the relatively poor but extremely large North Korean army, with the potential for Russian soldiers going on holiday with their tanks to assist…

An intresting question. The North do seem more “up for it”. I know the South all do military service although will be hard to get high paid office workers up for a fight.

Still if China don’t get involved unlike the 1950s the North haven’t got a chance. The South and their allies would wipe the floor with them. Russia might provide a bit of support I guess but can’t imagine them going all in

Oh Dear.

Slightly late reply, but the biggest issue I can see is that the North would most likely be more willing to use biological and other banned weapons, which I can’t see the South stooping to, Remember that the North sees their people more as cattle than humans. There would almost be a fanatical aspect to the North’s war. The biggest interest would be, in theory, if North soldiers start to him major cities and seeing the level of wealth/comfort that would be available to regular people.

Actually, the biggest problem is that both North and South Korea have both their capitals within range of each other’s conventional artillery. A sudden total war between the two countries would see civilian deaths in the millions even if it did not involve nuclear weapons.

The only time we’re going to see nuclear weapons used is in some Hitler’s bunker type situation were a psychopath (ie north Korea) says fuck it and takes everyone with them on their way out.

By rough eye, it looks like over 80kms, as the african swallow flies, between the two capitals.

Artillery fires that far?

Rockets

looks like 50km from the border for Seoul and 120km for Pyongyang

So am I the only one that thinks rockets are rockets and artillery is guns?

Here is a screenshot from a Rand Corp report.

Artillery is large calibre guns, but like Cavalry used to mean horseback not armoured vehicles, the meaning has changed. Basically means mobile guns or rockets.

Cavalry is hueys storming the beach!

In classical and mediaeval times armies were broken up into three groups infantry, cavalry and artillery. The latter included bows, slings and trebuchets. Applying those categories to modern armies; rockets, cannons and missiles are all artillery. Anything that moves faster than a running man is cavalry and if you can identify the eye colour of the person you are trying to kill, you are infantry.

What of they’re wearing sunnies?

Coloured contacts?

You both belong in the baggage train

Is that where the sponge bath Is?

1 Like
1 Like