2019-20 SFCU Player of the Season

If I give Barbarouses -1, can I give The Hoff 7?

5 Likes

The result for the loss vs Jeonbuk: New boy Calem Nieuwenhof has done it again. This time he only got points from 13 of the 14 voters, but it makes him the third player in SFCU history to win MOTM in his first two appearances for the club, after Alessandro Del Piero (who won it in his 3rd as well) and Sasa Ognenovski.

If you’ve got a bit of time waiting for the Yokohama match to start, why not think back on good times and put in some votes for the win over SIPG:

https://www.sfcu.com.au/2020/12/02/player-of-the-season-2019-20/

1 Like

Forgot to mention — with results from two matches still pending, amazingly the Player of the Season is still not confirmed, so every vote is important.

Here it is, the last one of the 2019–20 season. Last chance to get more entries in the prize draw.

https://www.sfcu.com.au/2020/12/04/player-of-the-season-2019-20/

Result for the big win over Shanghai SIPG:

Luke Brattan made an impression on his return, earning MOTM despite coming off at half-time. It’s his 8th MOTM win for the season, double the next best.

Last chance to have your say in the 2019–20 season, with voting for the Yokohama draw closing tomorrow night:

https://www.sfcu.com.au/2020/12/04/player-of-the-season-2019-20/

With the season’s voting ending tomorrow night when it closes for the Yokohama game, I thought I’d clarify the details for the prize draw. As a reminder, here are the prizes:

Obviously the draw isn’t happening along with the SFCU party as originally planned, so I’ll just do it on my computer when I get the chance some time next week. :partying_face:

Including the second SIPG game, we’ve had 86 different* voters submit 750 votes across the 34 matches. I can only tag 10 users per post, so the next few posts after this will list how many virtual tickets each person has (plus 1 if you have voted or will vote in the Yokohama game).

* There seems to be a little disconnect between SFCU main page & forum usernames, which is why some of the names aren’t linked, but there’s also the possibility that a person is listed multiple times under different usernames. I’ve already fixed up a few that I know of, but if this applies to you, please let me know.

For the sake of transparency, here is the R code I’ll be using for the draw:

# Set the random seed (nothing suss)
# dateofdraw <- xxxxxxxxx
# twitter_number <- xxxx
# set.seed(dateofdraw + twitter_number)

winners <- sample(voter_summary$voter, size = 3, replace = FALSE,
                  prob = voter_summary$votes)

winners

where voter_summary is basically the list in the posts below, containing the voter’s name ($voter) and the number of votes they’ve submitted ($votes). And just to ensure it’s all above board, I’ll set the seed for the random number generator based on whatever date I end up doing it plus a number that will be determined by a Twitter poll, so no one person (not even me) will be able to determine what it will be in advance.

The sample bit is drawing 3 names without replacement, meaning that you can only win one prize, but the draws are weighted so you still have a better chance with more tickets. So it’s like drawing 1st prize and then removing all of those person’s remaining tickets from the hat before drawing 2nd prize, and so on.

Because the prizes are of about the same value, whoever is drawn 1st will get their pick of the bunch, 2nd place will get to choose out of the remaining two prizes, and 3rd place gets whatever is left.

Thanks as always everyone who has voted, and if you haven’t already, please vote for the final Yokohama game to get one last extra shot at the extremely fun raffle draw!

4 Likes

Virtual raffle tickets (exc Yokohama), pt 1

34 (every match :star2: ) - @garuna @scottohara @Shoushi
32 - @mcflynnsboot @sydneyfc_FTT
31 - @bernieibini12345 @Clovis @FTT123
29 - @CountArach
28 - @pietro

Virtual raffle tickets (exc Yokohama), pt 2

27 - @CN001
26 - @In_Like_Mcflynn
24 - @Factor
20 - @Simo
18 - @Hybrid @Charlie_Blackman @Sky_Blue_Stories (Jon) @RoryBunk
16 - @Arriba_SFC
13 - @leftfoot007

Virtual raffle tickets (exc Yokohama), pt 3

13 - @zoebonnie
12 - @chriso57 @mental
11 - @Eccy @Sky_Blue_Stories (Sean) @Trash
10 - @littlejib
8 - @sinjin @denmil
7 - @JamesP

Virtual raffle tickets (exc Yokohama), pt 4

6 - @AlternativePM @hercules @jubal1 @Pulento @Top_Jimmy
5 - @Mulesytwo
4 - @andy91 @bazm @Dundee_FC @eddie

Virtual raffle tickets (exc Yokohama), pt 5

4 - @Moller @PHELPSY @TG1
3 - @Belldiouf @buggs @himmelblau @james23 @louismunro @Paulska
2 - @Aquacadet

Virtual raffle tickets (exc Yokohama), pt 6

2 - @coricasez @Crackerjack @doogie @Hatty @Stargate19 @Mr2046 @Ozherb @RedKat @Ruprecht @Schoolboy_Errors

Virtual raffle tickets (exc Yokohama), pt 7

2 - @scooter @Shazza @shgray @SydneyCeltic
1 - @AxelHenry @Brunos_Bald_Patch @DrunkFly @FKAedje @Higdawg @hoodooguru

1 Like

Virtual raffle tickets (exc Yokohama), pt 8

1 - @Huntso @Jimmy_H @JohnnyRico @Lucazap @Sky_Blue_Stories (Michelle) @Mr001 @mr_milk @phoiuy @R_Trick @Ray

Virtual raffle tickets (exc Yokohama), pt 9

1 - @rhysmcfc @SydGooner @shabby @shilo @stitty @Trisbam

The final game against Yokohama saw the votes widely spread, with the goalscorer Trent Buhagiar taking MOTM with just 19 votes from 15 voters. It’s his third MOTM for the season.

I’ll release the full results tomorrow, as well as doing the prize draw (the second part of the random number seed will be the total number of responses to this Twitter poll).

Interested to know what people’s predictions for the top 5 are. For the record, the number of MOTMs each were

8 - Luke Brattan
4 - Rhyan Grant & Anthony Caceres
3 - Andrew Redmayne, Milos Ninkovic, Trent Buhagiar, Alexander Baumjohann [1 shared]
2 - Calem Nieuwenhof, Adam Le Fondre [1 shared]
1 - Paulo Retre, Luke Ivanovic, Harry van der Saag, Marco Tilio

Eight wins is hard to look past so Brattan is a decent shout, however I think it will be Grant.

Boo hiss! As a longstanding member of the CBs’ union, once again we see the pretty players getting the glory while those doing the crucial dirty work get nowt.

3 Likes

Top three would have to be Brattan, Grant and either Ninko or Redmayne - I don’t think anyone else on that list has been consistent enough outside their MOTM performances.