2019 Transfer Talk

Also paying for the above plus Frenkie de Jong. Can’t see all of the above happening with FFP.

They seem to have Rakitic, Umtiti, Semedo, Coutinho, Gomez, Suarez, Rafinha and Malcolm for sale.

Sounds like a mess. And they won’t get what they’re hoping to if everyone knows how desperate they are to sell due to FFP.

Gomez looks confirmed for Everton. Can’t see them making a profit off of Coutinho though

Gomes. He’s Portuguese, not Spanish.

Spurs set to make their first signing in a while with a fee agreed for Tanguy Ndombele.

And Aaaron Wan-Bissaka sounds all by signed for Manchester United

Barcelona and Valencia agree a Cillesen/Neto swap. The FFP catch though is Neto will move to Barcelona for 30mil euros on 30 June, Cillesen will move for 30mil euros on 1 July.

I do love some creative accounting.

Fuck me, Athletica put in a bid of 120M Euro for Joao Felix from Benefica. The kid is 18 years old and has had a single good season

Wrong. Half a single good season. He only got to starting games in the new year.
Renato Sanches was a similar case, debuted in around October, moved to Bayern in the summer (for a third of Felix’s release fee), and it didn’t work out,

Ha Coutinho to PSG, so far poor choices from the guy. Moved to Barca and missed out on a Champions League medal, and now moving to France where the standard is significantly lower.

Greizmann signs with Barcelona.

Athletico now claiming that they’re owed an extra 80 mill Euro as Griezman had agreed to terms with Barca before the 1st of July. The release clause dropped from 200mill to 120 after the 1st.

Other reports are saying that Barca is now 1 Billion Euro in debt. Interesting to see how much of that is from the stadium renovations and how much is due to player transfers. Either way, they need to offload for some huge amounts of money, especially with Neymar still looking for a move.

Neymar’s father apparently meeting with Juventus

De Ligt to Juventus is officially confirmed by the club. The final amount is 75 million euro with a reported 150m buyout clause

Knowing how every transfer now has to be a “record transfer” I’d say Real Madrid/Barcelona/PSG meet that in about a season

Zidane says Bales gone in the next few days. Apparently a huge bid from Beijing Guoan. Never understood the Bale-Madrid relationship. According to wiki hes got 102 goals in 231 games. Thats a great record plus scoring big goals and in champions league finals etc

Ha Bale’s manager has called Zidane a disgrace and said that Bale will only leave on his own terms. Looks like Real is trying to do everything to push him out the door.

Yeah it’s a strange one with the simple explanation being that Madrid are insufferable cunts who are never satisfied.

what I don’t get, is with all the carrying on, they’re shooting themselves in the foot. The club has made it very obvious that they want to get rid of him, yet their reported asking price is still huge. Clubs aren’t going to pay huge money for a player that another club doesn’t want. They’re going to hang back, wait till the price goes down and then pounce at the right moment.