2019 Transfer Talk

Harry Maguire to Manchester United from Leicester City has finally been completed. 144m Aussie dollars is absolute madness for him in my opinion but he is a necessary addition to a weak United backline. Even with this deal however, I believe Man U are well of the mark and would be lucky to get CL next season.

It seems like these days you can only make a big signing if it’d a record signing

Clubs know that they can throw out stupid prices and united have to pay it. The market there has gone mental.

The dumbest part is that they could have bought him a couple of seasons ago for a massively lower price but passed.

The United defence is better but you’ve still got the pogba problem and no lead striker.

Or you can listen to David Moyes all those years ago when he wanted to sign him for ÂŁ4 million from Sheffield United.

I never really rate those types of things. Four years of a different career trajectory. May have stuck around in reserves and never got anywhere may have turned into a better player than he is now.

Man U looking really in the shit. Lukaku looks like he still wants the move and if it happens there goes their main striker. They’ve also rejected a swap deal for Pogba and James Rodriguez + 49.5 million AUD from Madrid.

Rooney to Derby

Never would have picked him to love the Cocu.

Dybala reported to Tottenham, nothing like a big FU to Man U and Tottenham reported to be looknig as signing Coutinho on loan as well. Big signing for them if true, although looking like losing Eriksen

Arsenal seem to be doing some good deadline day business.

Eriksen to Manchester United would be an odd one. From champions league finalists to not in the champions league.

David Luiz to Arsenal is a weird one too

Mooy confirmed to Brighton on loan for the season whilst also signing a new 3-year deal with Huddersfield.

Lukaku to inter complete. $130m AUD makes him Inter’s most expensive signing.

Not my favourite united player of all time but where are another 40 goals going to come from in that squad?
United had to replace him.

with no champions league football and Chelsea, Liverpool, City so strong, it’s going to be hard to attract any talent, especially with United looking like not wanting to splash cash on transfers or wages.

Say what you want, but Klopp did an awesome job developing and discovering talent and attracting them to the club… He just had the added benefit of being a well known manager with proven pedigree and a manager that turned an average Dortmund team into challengers for the title.

Without huge money, Solskjaer was always going to have issues attracting big names or proven strikers.

Ps Premier League transfer window is now closed.

Barcelona signing Neymar was contingent on them dropping Coutinho and have now confirmed they won’t be making a move. Still potential for Real to sign him though, but will have to be for the same price, at a minimum, of what PSG paid for him.

I recon the only positive from PSG, Barca and Real splashing the cash, is that there will be a record requirement of forensic accountants hired by UEFA…

David Luiz to Arsenal was bit of a random transfer.

Direct replacement for Koscielny. Don’t blame them, he’s a known quantity and should be able to fit in well

In a huge show of the MLS’s rising stature, Argentine international and one of the biggest talents in Argentina, Christian Pavon signing for LA Galaxy on loan with an option to buy.

Couldn’t believe that Pavon’s going to Galaxy, he looked nailed on for a CL level club. Huge signing for MLS.