2021-22 SFCU Player of the Season (voting thread)

Yep it went through, cheers

1 Like

Results for recent matches:

Patrick Wood won MOTM for both the FFA Cup win over Sydney Olympic and the loss to Macarthur. They are the first MOTM wins of his Sydney FC career, having last season picked up two 2nds and one 3rd. In the Macarthur game he got twice the number of votes of second place, and became the 15th player to win MOTM off the bench.

Reminder to get your Newcastle votes in if you haven’t already, and keep an eye out for it to open after the FFA Cup game tonight:

2 Likes

Not surprised he got motm against olympic but am surprised (even though i awarded him 1 or 2 points) about the macarthur result. Good for wood

Cup vs Cows

Vs Mariners is up now

(Or do the Macarthur FFA Cup if you prefer…)

I guess its 1 point each for the six who didnt get subbed off?

Latest results:

Elvis Kamsoba won MOTM for the draw with Newcastle Jets; it’s his first with the club. Harry van der Saag got it in the extra time win over Macarthur in the Cup. It’s his second MOTM with Sydney FC, his first being behind closed doors in August 2020.

That means we’ve had four different MOTMs in the first five matches, with Patrick Wood the only player to win it twice so far.

Voting is still open for the loss to CCM on Sunday:

Thanks to everyone who’s voted so far!

The CCM match was nothing but painful to submit points for, but I had to keep up my 100% record, I had no choice.

3 Likes

Vs Wellington

So far I think its

Rd1 vs WSW: Caceres
FFA Cup vs Olympic: Wood
Rd 2 vs Mac: Wood
Rd 3 vs New: Kamsoba
FFA Cup vs Mac: ???
Rd 4 vs Mariners: ???
Rd 5 vs Wel: ???

Harry VDS for the Macarthur Cup game, and I’ll try to tally up the CCM votes in the next day or two.

The updated list of winners can be found in the first post - 2021-22 SFCU Player of the Season (Rd 5 open now)

Result for the away loss to CCM:

Elvis Kamsoba came off the bench to get his second MOTM of the season. Pat Wood, the other player with two MOTMs, also has one off the bench.

Thanks to all voters! Not huge numbers so far, but it’s not dropping off much despite results. :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to vote for the win over Wellington at the usual place, and look out for it to open after tonight’s match vs Brisbane:

Round 6 vs Macarthur:

Need more than 6 points for the first time in a while

3 Likes

Getting everything up to date:

Elvis Kamsoba got his 3rd MOTM in the win over Wellington. He’s the first to reach 3 this season, and they came in consecutive appearances.

The win over Macarthur was a very close-run thing. There were 36 voters, and the top five players took 88% of the votes: they received 43, 43, 39, 34 & 31 respectively. And it wasn’t just a case of everyone splitting their votes across all five, with each of these players having at least 10 voters who didn’t award them any. Anyway, the two 43s belonged to Trent Buhagiar and Max Burgess, our first joint-winners for the season.

Thanks to everyone who has voted… stay tuned for whenever we play next

4 Likes

Pretty good game for a week with most of our regulars out

Cup quarter final voting is open

Round 10 vs Brisbane

Cup QF voting still open as well if you prefer

Cup semi vs CCM:

The last two matches against Roar are still open at the moment as well…

Result for the Cup quarter-final win over Brisbane:

The lone goalscorer Elvis Kamsoba won MOTM for the fourth time this season, and it was his second that came in a substitute appearance. Having missed a couple of games due to COVID protocols, he’s actually had all four MOTMs come in consecutive appearances…

Still time to vote for the draw with Brisbane in the league and the loss to the Mariners in the Cup, if you feel so inclined: