2021 SFCU Fantasy A-League Competition

Made three changes just before kick-off to bring Diego Castro in and make him captain :partying_face:

1 Like

This feels like the first week all year where every team will be playing once.

Tactically subbing out Milos for a week in order to afford Nabbout who should need no lube vs Golec.

It wont be long as every player’s loadups will be on city, sydney and the mariners with a few supplements for cheap wanderer and adelaide players

I haven’t had a Mariner in my side all season. Just can’t bring myself to do it.

Current selection. The price for McLaren is ridiculous, if I can predict his mid-season form slump right I should be able to get upgrades for the other positions.

I’ve had Pierias since round 1 despite him copping a shellacking on here for being nothing but a pace merchant. Got him for minimum wage on the basis I thought he’d play a lot of RWB with Risdon out and would probably nab the odd assist for Berisha, that he’s often played higher and been scoring goals himself is a nice bonus.

1 Like

Had an absolute shocker this week.
Transferred Pierias out.
Had Ninko as captain but when I saw he was starting on the bench I moved it to DDS as I had MacLaren as VC.
When I saw Mohamed Toure wasn’t playing I wanted to make him my captain but I was at work and didn’t get the chance.
It’s ended up costing me 15pts.

I subbed Milos out expecting him not to figure, but luckily also subbed out Diamanti (even though I expected him to start) in order to get Nabbout and Davila back. Expecting more points tonight from Davila and Ball against the great unwashed.

I’ll find a way to get Milos back in next week but then should be fairly settled. Pretty much burned 3 subs per week trying to maximise the schedule so need to start conserving them.

Yeah I’ve only got about 10 subs left due to the same reason.
I’m now looking to bring in “keepers” for the remainder of the season but some of my gambles on player values going up have backfired.

3rd highest score this round! Considering I’ve got the cheapest team ha

:beers:

Does anyone publish A-League team news these days? Can’t seem to find the old ins-and-outs article on the A-League website or anywhere else

Fucks sake, SFC players appear to be locked even though we obviously didn’t play yesterday… makes remaining changes this weekend impossible.

We still play once this game week though.

Yeah but I would’ve subbed another Welly player or two in given they’re still playing twice. I’ve also got Brattan, Papi and the Hof, they’re all locked so no ability to adjust based on who starts in Perth.

1 Like

Now we’ve been unlocked…

Roar’s home game vs Westernited this weekend has already been postponed due to the weather / pitch.

Up to 12th overall but all trades are now burned.

Made a huge call last week to offload Davila and get Danzaki back in, based on (imo) a tough run in for the Nux with mostly away games and still loads of travel for their home games back in Welly & Auckland, plus Brisbane having more games overall still to play.

Managed to knock off the guy coming 6th overall in the auto-assigned public league. We were head to head last week, went in on the same league points and the same points difference, but he was ahead on total points scored. I’d loaded up on guys playing twice last round and managed to scrape it 195 to 170, so now just need to hang on to that 3 point lead and/or +50 points differential this week… will be tough as this weeks opponent has 4 players each from WU and Perth who both play twice, but at least there’s no over-analysing of trades, all I can do is massage the starting XI from here on.

2 Likes

Top 10. :sunglasses:

Managed to scrape 1st in the public league, hung on by a points differential of +25. But this week going head to head with the same dude (ranked 5th overall) in that league’s GF. Going to require a miracle now the City game has been postponed and I’m out of trades, I see he’s already offloaded Maclaren & Metcalfe.

At least the big call to sub Danzaki in for Davila with the final trade has worked out OK.