2022-23 SFCU Player of the Season (voting thread)

Ahhh the proletariat vs the bourgeoisie lives on

Yeah i had that thought too. Oh well. We know the SFCU Player of the Season is the only award that really matters

5 Likes

2 Likes

Textbook deployment of that image. Take a bow, sir.

1 Like

Did nobody get the “It’s Time. The Sydney Derby Is Here” email on 4 May and read it through to the bottom?

3 Likes

Nice!!! Thank you. And no - clearly not!

I don’t think I’ve ever read more than 3 sentences of a club email.

2 Likes

Alright, I’m committing to get the results out this week. :eyes:

First step is to thank all of the legends who voted this season. There were 1005 votes cast across the 32 matches of the season, an average of 31.4 voters per match.

This season, there were 87 unique voters. Seven people voted in every match, with three continuing impressive streaks. Here are the number of matches each person submitted votes for:

32/32 - @garuna (5th consecutive season voting in all matches!), @scottohara (4th), @Shoushi (4th) @Davidceltic77, @MrRooney, @Trash, @Trisbam
31 - Legitimate_Businessman, Utility
30 - Aquacadet, littlejib
28 - bazm, CN001, CountArach, Greg, Hybrid
26 - leftfoot007
24 - pietro, Sean (Sky Blue Stories), testament
21 - Clovis
20 - dryan
19 - Jon (Sky Blue Stories)
17 - Higdawg, Nath91, Sergio Vincenzo
16 - Julian (Sky Blue Stories)
14 - andy91, Blue Sky
13 - b0b_444, bernieibini12345, Mr2046
12 - Rory Bunk, Simo, Watto007
11 - Paulska, RedKat, RustedBlue
10 - john0514, Sydney Is Sky Blue
8 - AlternativePM, Factor, phoiuy, rich27, shabby
7 - Salmiakki
6 - Arriba_SFC, Jubal1, scooter
5 - buggs, denmil, More Parque, TG
4 - Seb z, sydneyfc_FTT
2 - Bruno#9, daveee, eddie, GoStay, Guy_Incognito, Jay1969, JC, mcflynnsboot, mental, mr305, PHELPSY, RusskiSydney, Suparockin
1 - billym_2035, Burto, Chad.82, DrunkFly, Farlow17, JamesReesWoods, Luka Delaney, Michelle (Sky Blue Stories), Modest_Hatchback_Owner, mop, Nick (Sky Blue Stories), rhysmcfc, SamwiseinOz, SGD2000, stevo, SydneyUltra, veridis, zachyp123, Zappa92

Thanks to everyone above. And as always, these are the people to blame if you disagree with the results!

13 Likes

11/32 is pretty poor for me. My intent to vote and actual voting clearly doesnt line up. Thought I’d done alot more than that.

I watched a lot less A-League this season than maybe ever before, it was just so much easier in the Foxtel days. Paramount and the whole finals thing really killed my mood for watching football, I guess that is reflected in how many votes I made, I didn’t want to vote in matches I didn’t see.

1 Like

I made a concerted effort to vote in every game, which made me watch every Sydney game (some on full rerun when available)…. Probably the first time in a long time that I have done that

1 Like

With Wilko retiring I’m open to offers from SFC defenders for votes next year.

2 Likes

It’s become a post-match ritual for me to log on and vote on the way home from games or after watching an away game, it gives me closure…or something.

4 Likes

I tend to watch a lot of games when making dinner so end up only giving it part attention for around half of it, and hence don’t feel its fair to vote.

1 Like

Similar excuse except I get drunk and have no idea what’s going on.

7 Likes

I have terrible opinions on football, you’re probably lucky I only voted twice.

14/32 is a lot better than I remembered and expected.

Thanks as always for running these awards, Rowdy. Looking forward to next season!

1 Like

I think I have everything ready to put the full results up later tonight, so (if like me, you have nothing better to do on a Friday night), stay tuned!

First of all though, I did the prize draw where every vote gets an entry, and the winner was @jubal1! (Honestly!). Congratulations — I’ll be in touch to sort your prize :trophy:

1 Like

The Platinum members half time prize of SFCU

7 Likes

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(Just kidding…happy just to participate. Thanks again for running this every year.)

1 Like

Find the full results over here

5 Likes