2022-23 SFCU Player of the Season (voting thread)

FULL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RELEASED: SEE THEM HERE

Welcome to the 12th season of the SFCU Player of the Season Award, voted by SFCU members.

Can we beat last season’s average of 31 votes per match? Who will maintain their streak of voting in every match? (Three people are on streaks going beyond 3 whole seasons!) Keep an eye on this thread for updates throughout the season.

How it works:

• After each match, a poll will go up on the front page of SFCU to vote for your players of the match. You must be an SFCU user to vote. If you select “Remember me” when logging in to the SFCU front page, you should stay logged in for a year.
  • If you have trouble voting via the front page, feel free to PM your votes to me and I’ll make sure they get counted.
  • Every vote that you submit will earn you an entry into our end-of-season prize draw! (prize TBC)
  • You have 6 points to allocate to players who appeared for Sydney in the match, in any way you see fit. You can give all 6 to a single player, 1 point each to six different players, whatever.
  • Your votes only count if you allocate all 6 points. A note should appear to indicate that your votes have been submitted successfully.
  • Voting will close about a week after the match.
  • The top 3 players in each match will receive 3-2-1 points respectively for the Player of the Season tally. Tied players will share the available points equally.
  • After each round, Player of the Match — the player gaining the most votes for that game — will be posted in this thread. 2nd and 3rd place will be kept secret so that the full result isn’t known until the end of the season.
  • Matches in the 2022 Australia Cup and the 2022–23 A-League Mens season will count towards the 2022–23 SFCU Player of the Season Award.
  • At the end of the season, the full votes from every match will be made publicly available.

MOTMs this season:

Results so far this season:

Rd Vs Result Voters Player of the match Avg votes (/6)
Cup R32 CC Mariners D 3-3 44 Adrian Segecic 1.66
Cup R16 Bentleigh Grns W 2-1 44 Adrian Segecic 1.82
Cup QF Oakleigh Canns L 1-2 30 Adrian Segecic 2.87
1 Melbourne Victory L 2-3 44 Robert Mak 2.00
2 Western Utd W 3-1 49 Joe Lolley 2.08
3 Adelaide Utd D 2-2 45 Joe Lolley 2.16
4 Macarthur FC W 3-2 38 Robert Mak & Patrick Wood 1.39
5 Brisbane Roar L 1-3 33 Rhyan Grant 1.76
6 WS Wanderers L 0-1 37 Andrew Redmayne 1.89
7 Melbourne City W 2-1 34 Joe Lolley 1.94
8 CC Mariners L 1-2 20 Joe Lolley 1.40
9 Macarthur FC L 0-3 23 Andrew Redmayne 2.91
10 Newcastle Jets W 2-0 25 Jack Rodwell 1.28
11 Wellington Phoenix L 0-1 19 Robert Mak 1.16
12 Perth Glory D 2-2 22 Joe Lolley 2.55
13 Western Utd L 0-1 25 Andrew Redmayne 1.28
14 Melbourne Victory W 2-1 26 Joe Lolley 2.12
15 CC Mariners W 3-2 32 Adam Le Fondre 1.88
16 WS Wanderers W 1-0 35 Max Burgess 2.57
17 Brisbane Roar D 1-1 31 Diego Caballo 1.39
18 Melbourne City L 2-3 21 Diego Caballo 1.90
19 Melbourne Victory W 1-0 32 Robert Mak 1.31
20 Wellington Phoenix L 0-1 23 Joe Lolley 1.48
21 WS Wanderers L 0-4 26 Adrian Segecic 1.19
22 Western Utd D 3-3 28 Robert Mak 2.61
23 Adelaide Utd D 1-1 22 Max Burgess 1.59
24 Perth Glory W 4-1 25 Max Burgess 1.36
25 Brisbane Roar W 2-0 28 Andrew Redmayne 1.54
26 Newcastle Jets W 2-0 28 Max Burgess 1.25
EF WS Wanderers W 2-1 49 Robert Mak 1.78
SF1 Melbourne City D 1-1 35 Max Burgess 1.83
SF2 Melbourne City L 0-4 32 Andrew Redmayne 3.09

Previous winners:

4 Likes

Voting will of course start with this Sunday’s match against CCM. Keep an eye on this thread for a link to vote after the match.

Add your comments/suggestions/complaints to the thread.

3 Likes

I think this thread is premature. We can’t run this for a season ending with an odd numbered year until we’ve secured the signing of at least one Miloš.

Don’t see why not, last time a Milos won was 2014/15

5 Likes

Can we really run this when we only have about one player signed?

Surely, voting starts before 1st A-league match.

This season I swear I will vote on every game. I keep trying and falling short, but I will do it this year.

4 Likes

First game vs CCM

1 Like

Voted. Going to make a more conscious effort to do this after every game

2 Likes

As long as the players make a more conscious effort to give us someone to vote for

3 Likes

Just FYI if anyone was suffering from the account activation error message like I was last season, it seems to be working for me now. Worth trying to vote now.

2 Likes

Same. Done and voted.

2 Likes

After unfairly winning the voting thing last season, I endeavor to be much better this season.

Have submitted. Feelsgood.jpg

1 Like

Loving the enthusiasm so far.

Looks like we’re up to 38 votes for the Cup game, which is higher than our average over the past two seasons (31 & 37 respectively), but still a fair bit short of what we saw in the opening games of those seasons (58 & 57).

Get involved!

4 Likes

Thanks to everyone who voted in the first match of the season, I’ve finally got the results together.

Winner of MOTM — and taking an early lead in the Player of the Season standings — was Adrian Segecic. He is the 14th player to win SFCU MOTM on his starting debut with the club, after ADP, Yau, Vedran, Ognenovski, Bobo, Adrian, DDS, ALF, Tratt, Reza, King, Heward-Belle & Nieuwenhof.

Voting will be up again after tomorrow night’s match (but maybe a little late as I won’t be able to watch it live).

5 Likes

As promised

1 Like

2 for 2 so far this season… one more and it can be described as a streak

4 Likes

Yup, voted as soon as I woke up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bumping this for people who might’ve missed it late night after the game… thanks for the 34 votes so far :+1:

1 Like

14 debutantes getting MOM seems a lot… would be some interesting reasons behind this but mostly it may shows how ‘shiny and new’ can colour what we see… or just that players on debut play out of their skin to impress.