A-League Expansion

I don’t think he’s got that much money

Hey guys, our sell-out crowd last night was actually GOOD news for Southern Expansion. Yeah, it just shows they’re right. Or something.

Absolute numpties.

1 Like

Danny treating that with the absolute disdain it deserves.

I don’t know what was going through their minds claiming that this is evidence for Southern Expansion’s bid. As Danny said, it just proves that we have plenty of influence in that area and that they would on be recycling fans rather than introducing more into the league.

Wonder if the club will make any announcements shortly :wink:

Club announces mou with wolves.
The key lines : Sydney FC has existing agreements to increase participation at grassroots level in the St. George, Sutherland Shire Football Associations and Football South Coast areas.

Southern Expansion will probably take credit for that as well.

2 Likes

1 Like

an MOU on the MOU?

Read out by Mou

Didn’t the Wolves do the same thing with Canberra after learning about their expansion rejection?

Southern Expansion just seem so desperate. And they don’t even seem to care that they do. Its entirely laughable. It’s like something from the Veep playbook. They know that’s satire don’t they?

They probably think its the start of a great “rivalry” that’ll be talked about as the biggest in world football

In fairness though, them trying to create beef with SFC is a pretty good way to begin generating business. I’m guessing they will be trying to get the fans that are unhappy with the SFC “bling” image (even though we’ve moved away from this) and also the fans that are unhappy with the WSW hooligan image.

I’ve seen no bottom up evidence of any fans who are behind this expansion thing. It seems to be an entirely top-down franchise entity. I could be wrong on that, but that’s what I’ve seen in my bubble.

1 Like

I think creating a rivalry with SFC is exactly what they’re attempting to do hoping that if they get established, SFC fans will hate them and therefore set a foundation for blockbuster derbies, but they’re delusional. I haven’t come across a single person in favour Southern Expansion. Where do they think their fan base will materialise from? Can guarantee that they will be selected because of their financial backing, but I’m certain it will create another Melbourne Heart.

1 Like

Wollongong is certainly committed to the Wolves being the Wollongong side from the sounds of things. Might get some shire fans who dont like us for whatever reason but other than that I do agree its Heart on a moving circus.

Interesting article on something I’ve been wondering about: the FFA are considering how many games to have in a season:

• 22 games (everyone plays everyone twice).
  • 33 games (everyone plays everyone three times).
  • 27 games (play some teams twice, some three times, with derbies and rivalries likely to be the extra third game).

This is a tough one and indicates why 14 or 16 is the right number for the league and why 12 is so awkward. I’m absolutely opposed to the third option for obvious reasons. If Fox is opposed to the 33 game season then I’m genuinely not sure what option there is that isn’t 22 games, which is laughable.

Or go mad and go right to 14

1 Like

Add 2 teams next season, have one awkward season that’s 22 games or a 27 round unbalanced draw then follow up with another 2 teams added the season after. 4 teams immediately is two much in one go, it wouldn’t be good for the A League for many reasons, but it would also have a massive impact on the NPL because their teams would be raided hard.