A-League Men 2nd April-?

I feel better about the game tomorrow, because it looks more like Wellington are just trash more than City being good.

More than likely, Wellington are just fucking sick of being stuck in Australia after at least two years and its finally biting them.

1 Like

And the Mariners have to play them on their first game back in Wellington.

Will be a very different scenario to tonight.

Probably doesn’t help that their coach is more than likely moving on again at the end of the season.

He has a big job to clean out the Sydney squad but I think he will do well there,

3 Likes

Probably Mariners top starting lineup played last night.
From the CCM Academy:
One centre back
Both fullbacks
Both DMs
Three of the subs.
Only one of the starters aged over 30.

Yeah, but what youth are they playing?

Really?

Guys like Bozanic, Tongyick, Muller, Moresche and Roux wouldn’t be in your first XI?

Bozanic would be the only upgrade over what started last night. Dan Hall has been excellent and is deservedly keeping Tongyik out at the moment.

1 Like

Possibly Bozanic but not the other three. Our record the last six games suggests it is the best lineup. Nizzy and Balard have thrived without the influence of Ollie in the middle.

Dan Hall is an absolute gun and Kye Rowles has been exceptional so no room for Tongyik.

Moresche is overrated and Muller is riddled with injuries. Could hardly run last night.

1 Like

Tongyik had a great 2020-21 but this season he’s been pretty average, compounded by some diabolical performances. I’d say Rowles and Hall deserve their spots. If Hall can learn to pass the ball, he’ll be a fantastic player. He certainly knows how to defend.

1 Like

Nope. That is our best starting lineup. (and improving).

1 Like

I’ll take Bozanic at Sydney any day of the week

1 Like

You may get him. Who knows?

I would possibly accept Brattan (if fit) as a fair trade.

Or Sydney may be hating him in a derby

Welly are destroying Western United it looks like, and taking our place in the top 6 at the same time

Effing hell, seeing 3 Melbourne teams leading the league is dismal days

Yep, this was a bad result for us, and again reduces our slim chances of top 6. And also puts CFG in prime position to win the Premiership. Sadly hoping for a Victory win in the derby tonight, I would much prefer Western United win the Premiership than CFG.

2 Likes

Looks like Wests have relocated the Spotless cow paddock to Parramatta.