A-League Men - Round 23 Discussion - 2022-23

Marco before a Sydney Derby: “We’re from the favelas.”

Marco in Leumeah: “Ew, what a fucking hole.”

2 Likes

We’re 3 points clear of Macarthur now with a much better GD. Results over the past few weeks have really gone our way, can’t believe we’re still in the 6 but here we are.

2 Likes

Wanderers are officially out of Premiership contention if they were ever really in it.

1 Like

Our three remaining are also against teams currently below us (Perth Glory can go above us if they win this round). 🤷🏽

Goddamn.
Perth Glory are playing Victory.

You could see Perth and Victory being a draw, and City will probably beat Wellington so we’ll only be 2 points off 5th. But yeah either way it’s all in our hands, no real excuses for not finishing 5th or 6th with the run in we have.

1 Like

Goddamn if we finish 5th and Wanderers 4th, we have to play a fourth derby, and I am not up for that.

1 Like

Now, if we finish 6th to the Mariners 3rd, I’m all good for another trip to Gosford, and the inevitable loss won’t sting as much.

I’m a fucking genius!

1 Like

Could almost tolerate a shame win here just so the makeup runs through the tears of that Perth guy in the Kiss outfit.

Glory fans and fancy dress, I will never understand it.

I’d take anything happening at all, this is pretty dire stuff.

Yeah, best result is that game’s over.

Beevers out next week too.

2 Likes

Fornaroli showing post-match how much Kool Aid he’s drunk already since joining that lot. Brooks pretty much dived over the defender’s leg. You shouldn’t get a spot kick for that.

Well, Glory didn’t win but also Victory were denied a win and Bruno was whinging after the game. I’m happy.

If I am correct, that’s the first 0-0 game this season, and the first in something like 300 games?

I remember hearing some stat about it the other day.

Just checked and turns out the Roar have had 3 0-0’s this season against Macarthur, Victory and City.

I’m going to arse-pull a prediction again and say Nix will be at City today. Of course, I tipped City in fantasy, so I guess I’m biguestual.

Okay, nup.
Mariners officially out of Plate possibility with this result. I was thinking Adelaide might steal it, but not how they played against us. Looks like CFG are going to threepeat the Plate (our women did it first though). I still think Adelaide Utd or CCM will get the Seat.

A Sydney Derby elimination final in Parra is looking…reasonably possible.

Talay here is doing a mad redux of Corica 21-22. Box midfield getting ripped in transition and he’s just allowing Kraev & Sasse to be passengers.

1 Like