A-League Round 16 Discussion

This exactly. This what I referenced in my above comment about him lying about the club mistreating him. Went to the players union and forced the club to give him personal leave just so he could force a move because he couldn’t take being the reserve keeper. Then lied about the whole situation and claimed the club didn’t treat him fairly. Complete shite.

I got over all that when we/Shredmayne went on to win everything and Snek got to be the Prince of fuck all.

I can’t believe that NWSW fans are seriously suggesting that there is match fixing at play now. If you’re going to throw a game as a goal keeper, surely you’d do it by letting a feeble shot at goal go in or something. Conceieiding a corner has a pretty low probability of leading to a goal.

Gave life to my multi,thanks SNAKE!

Oh man, there’s some good reading out there. :rofl:

Remember his first big mistake for them? That was also in the last minute up at Suncorp:

After that game he was still getting hugs and high 5’s from the travelling support, the self-proclaimed best fans in the world still had his back. The goodwill is gone Vedran, karma’s a motherfucker. :joy:

I thought that Snake got a 3 year extension last year but now i believe its 5?I read it over on the NorWest forum"vedrans BrainFade"…I hope they pick him every game for the next 4.5 seasons.
They"ve blown more money than the PIO episode!

He was given a 4 year extension last year, runs until 2022. :+1:

2 Likes

OK, well that forum was wrong…but over there they have only needed to count to 9 till last night.Shame there wasnt a bit more injury time,they could have secured 9th.

Oh boy … :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

That was probably the funniest thing I’ve ever seen in a game.

Watching that huddled around a phone with 8 other Sydney lads in a Melbourne pub, was enjoyable scenes.

I’ve never liked so many posts in one thread. Pure heaven seeing Janjetovic make that fuck up last night.

While Redmayne goes from strength to strength as our #1, Janjetovic is a wash. Stick a fork in him.

Maybe he got some tips from Grobbelar when he was in Sydney.

Both keepers did - Shredmayne took the “distract the penalty taker with a silly dance” lesson, while Vedran chose “throw the game” as his major.

5 Likes

Kurto has been absolutely immense in this game.

Remember Rudan being called an idiot for wasting a visa spot on a keeper

Not really.

Keeper stocks in the Australia have to be at an all time low?

1 Like

For sure, our local goalkeeping stocks aren’t that great, but its probably also the case of a changing of the guard as well, as far as A-League keepers are concerned. Guys like Galekovic, Reddy and Moss are getting to the end of their careers and will need to be replaced. Theo has recently retired. Vukovic left a couple of years ago. That’s a lot of keepers at one time that need to be replaced with those of similar ability. Guys like Izzo, Young and Redmayne have improved through consistent game time at their current clubs. Guys like Birighitti and Margush could also really benefit from moving to get game time. Goodness knows some A-League clubs actually need a decent/good keeper (Mariners, Wanderers and the upcoming Western Melbourne team).

Clubs have to take responsibility for bad recruitment decisions. I don’t know what the hell City were thinking getting Birighitti and not playing him. Yet another inspired decision by the Death Eater in charge at City.

Birightti was meant to be one but I think he was injured first game and Galekovic took his chance

Birighitti moving to Swansea to be fourth choice keeper remains one of the most baffling transfers from both sides in some time.