ACL MD1 - Jeonbuk vs Sydney FC - 16-17/04/22

He’s no less out of position than Elvis, Kosta, Trent, even Tomić - who all managed to show more promise in their first nine appearances.

It’s also not like he’s an outright right-footed right winger who needs to operate down the right line (or left-footed left winger who needs to operate down the left line), he could supposedly play both wings. I think he’d be the first such player who absolutely can’t do a job in a second-striker role playing off a nine.

In our system with underlapping tucked in tens he gets plenty of opportunities to drift wide and has absolutely received a lot of ball in wide positions and not shown anything.

When I look through fotmob and see his average rating from premier league to championship to eredivisie to a-league consistently in the low 6s, I start to think that maybe he’s just not that good?

Happy to be convinced otherwise, but he really hasn’t yet.

Grab the Asia.

Alright we are taking Retre world wide!

1 Like

Streams on both Paramount+ and Ten for those wondering. Hopefully a better feed than for the City game last night.

Love how the commentator thinks we’ve won two games to qualify……

2 Likes

Always good when they’ve done their research.

1 Like

Yeah, this commentator needs a lesson from Brenton Speed on doing research!

Simon Hill only on 10

Those are some rather large technical areas.

Only a handful of people in the stadium, yet a bigger attendance than most Western United games…

Are we playing in midnight plum? Already lost.

1 Like

Fuck me, binned Paramount and switched to 10Play on account of the dumb fuck commentator, just in time to hear Simon Hill humiliate himself too.

what did he say?

He said we’re wearing navy blue and that fans are likely outraged to see us in MV’s colours.

And a few people singing We Are Sydney

Someone tell Redders he’s “Australia’s number 1 goalkeeper”.

Sound’s like they’ve been on the local Vietnamese brew most of the day too. :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Jeonbuk are currently fourth in the Korean league.

Handful of Cove representatives sounding sweet

1 Like

Obviously got a good spot near the mics