ACL Playoff - Sydney FC vs Kaya FC - 8/03/22

10play

The 10Play App not FTA.

Ninkovic and Narsingh omitted from the squad tomorrow because of the foreign player limit

Have ticket sales topped 1000 yet? Still $40 for a grandstand seat, which seems steep.

Probably to be expected.

Ninko has played a lot - and doesn’t tend to play in ACL matches.

Narsingh - it probably came a bit too soon for him to the play 60 mins that Kosta might.

Do we get to announce a new squad for the group stage?

Hasn’t Milos been a resident for a couple of years now? I thought he’d be qualified as local by now.

You can get a stand ticket for $20 if you’re a member. Go here and use your membership number as the password

1 Like

As I understand it, technically we can make up to 8 changes (replacing or adding players) to the 18–35-man squad that we would’ve submitted before the playoffs. So in effect, yes (if we make it).

There’s actually no longer any limit on the number of foreigners in the full squad, the 3+1 limit only applies to the matchday squad (starters + subs). So (if we make it) we can choose a different pair of foreigners to leave out each match.

1 Like

How is Ninko still categorized as a foreign player?

Surely he’s got Australian residency let alone citizenship by now.

Don’t think residency matters, does it?

Who cares about this nonsense.

I just wanna see us put out the best XI possible in a system that suits them on Friday night. :beer:

1 Like

Hey, anything is possible, I guess :man_shrugging:

Correct. Citizenship matters, residency doesn’t count.

If you’re a Member it’s half price in the stand

$20.00pp.

I though the ACL allowed for all foreigners to be selected in the sqauds now however only 3 on the pitch?

Heard it from the ACL Draw too.

Just bought 2 tickets. Pax at 1270 - if people come (my pax estimate was so wildly wrong about Saturday’s derby crowd)

Thanks mate (and Sydney Rovers). I’m not a member this year but glad they’ve got that offer on.

It’s not just on the pitch, it’s for the full matchday squad:

Screenshot 2022-03-08 072321

Today’s forecast now 120-150mm.

Still on the fence about going to this one.