ACL Playoff - Sydney FC vs Kaya FC - 8/03/22

This has the potential to be one of the worst games of football to watch in a long time.

I’m excited.

5 Likes

Rugby weather!

Is it cancelled yet?

Should know over the next few hours, from memory the pitch inspections normally happen around now. They can’t (shouldnt) really leave it past like 4pm.

3-4pm is meant to be the peak of the rain isn’t it?

Kaya FC? They’re gonna need to be KayaK FC in this weather, Amirite???

I’ll get my coat

11 Likes

Oh no

1 Like

Just whipped up a quick preview - on the assumption that the game would have been cancelled by now, if it were going to be canned…

Frankly I know little about the opponents - this is going to be a wild night.

1 Like

This is going to be absolutely horrendous to go to live.

But alas, I’ll be there…

3 Likes

Update on Twitter is that pitch is playable, but refs arrive at 5:30pm and will make another call. They will try and make the call as late as possible to give the pitch time if needed ‘as per AFC regs’.

Unfortunately those going will be taking a gamble.

1 Like

1 Like

Hats off to those going, you’re far better fans than me.
Here’s hoping it goes ahead and is one of those 70s/80s nostalgia games with yje ball stopping dead and being overrun by players, balls skidding under keepers, Rhyno doing massive slide tackles slowing up a wake like the Queen Mary etc.

4 Likes

Time for the glorious return of Puddleinho.

3 Likes

The first edition of swamp football. Australian edition.

I’m just hoping for a couple of red cards from accidental slide tackles that carry on for metres

If it is played, it’ll be a farce and give Kaya a chance at the upset

Our playing form is giving them more of a chance of an upset at the moment

3 Likes

Flash backs to when we played against Persik Kediri (was it?) and they had to postpone the game. We ended up playing it the next morning.

Pretty sure we lost 2-1

Playing on a pitch that wouldn’t make the grade for a AA7s game.

I’m out, all the trains for the next few hours are either cancelled or running an hour late. 3 hours travel at least and I’ll get there just by kickoff if lucky.