Adelaide United Thread

Its worked well in the past, hasn’t it? #facepalm

Gertjan Verbeek on a two year deal:

He’s not lasted long in quite a few of his gigs.

1 Like

Nothing speaks of success than 21 games with FC Twente and 2 wins… Especially as Twente have just been promoted

He hasn’t done a full season since since 2013 or 14?

Adelaide have appointed Djite as DoF. That’s unfortunate as he won’t have any more punditry gigs or at least I assume not.

Al Hassan Toure has gone full retro and broken a metatarsal in the Olympic qualifying tournament.

Might explain why he barely broke stride off the bench against Uzbekistan, but Adelaide are fearing he might miss the rest of the season.

Bring on the next promising youngster who will invariably fuck himself in 3 months.

Sounds like they made bit of a mess of the management of it

Konstandopoulos is the latest to get in on the ACL craze, fucked his knee at training.

Kids these days. I miss metatarsals.

2 Likes

Verbeek has left Adelaide

That kinda sucks.

Stupid virus.

Yeah can’t blame him for that, it’s got to be tough being this far from family during COVID.

It is a good reason for him to go home, but I also believe even without the coronavirus emergency, he would still be getting a plane home right about now. Their season went off the rails in a big way and Gertjan’s infamous “man management” was clearly starting to manifest itself. Best for Adelaide to start anew, either way.

He went off home a few weeks back and him and his wife sold off a whole bunch of their Adelaide possessions. Was highly unlikely he’d be returning at that point.

John Aloisi?

expand on the man management ? I guess theres been a big break so ive forgotten his ways.

One of the bigger examples I could think of was putting Ryan Kitto, who is a handy A-League winger, at left-back, then chastising him in the media for not playing well at left-back. Not Kitto’s fault he’s probably been put into a part of the outfield he is the least threatening.

Gertjan came to Australia with a bit of a reputation for man management issues. AZ sacked him a number of years back for this very reason. Feyenoord did the same before that.

This also outlines fairly well some of his past issues, especially the disaster at Feyenoord later in the article:

1 Like

Carl Veart and Damian Mori would have to be the obvious picks. Vearts already on their staff and Mori has apparently done very well in the state leagues.

Yeh i remember the Kitto thing now. Not a big fan of pissing on guys in public.