Adelaide United Thread

Pretty sure that he’ fallen out with the players at just about every job he’s had. Apparently, when it comes to identifying and rectifying issues with players, he still uses the old school disciplinarian approach instead of the constructive criticism/positive reinforcement method favoured by Pep, Klopp and the new generation of managers that the players respond better to. In the final month or so prior to the shutdown Adelaide looked a completely different side to the one that began the season.
The constant chopping & changing of the squad in that period indicated he lacked a clear plan on how to reverse the slide. Along with a playing group not exactly busting their arses for him I would say he had lost the Adelaide dressing room as well.
He made sure that any remaining support he may have enjoyed was no more on January 12 though when, like John Kosmina & Aurelio Vidmar before him, he was struck down with the Adelaide Manager Meltdown virus.
After seeing his tactical masterstroke of playing the Adelaide Paolo Retre (Ryan Kitto) out of position at LB begin to fall apart almost immediately from kick off, he decided the best course of action was to yell at him for 45 minutes and sub him off at half time rather than address the problem immediately.
In the post match press conference he utilised the thoroughly modern coaching method of publicly degrading Kitto’s performance and declaring it, not his team setup and lack of tactical response, for the loss.
If they want to pursue this youth development path that they’re on, and looking at the age of most of their players it’s hard to argue that they’re not, then appointing Verbeek in the first place made about as much sense as Kurz to Melbourne.

Adelaide have switched shirt manufacturer from Macron to a Chinese brand UCAN. Apparently they’re the first team outside China to sign on with UCAN. I think it is not too bad. Pre-sales are going great apparently so the Adelaide fans seem to be digging it.

Thats alright

Seems like it’s basically only us and Adelaide who are taking the comp seriously. Maybe a bit harsh

That’s a pretty good uniform, better than a lot of others.

I really love that one!

It’s obviously microchipped.

3 Likes

Is it just me, or is that a different shade of red?

I didn’t realize Flinders Uni was owned by the Gates Foundation? Maybe this is what’s behind 5G. It’s a global conspiracy to get Adelaide to become the greatest A-League team ever!

2 Likes

Adelaide released their Welcome to Country video for all games at Hindmarsh and it’s fantastic:

6 Likes

Hope our club is watching and reflecting

2 Likes

Bruce Djite is leaving Adelaide United for some job at the Committee of Adelaide?

Must be some juicy coin.

Djite is very well-spoken. I reckon he’ll do well in that role.

1 Like

The current committee isnt doing a great job. Its like Newcastle but further away (at least Newy is close). My best away trip story from Adelaide - bought 2 vintage coins once. Almost smoked ice in Perth…

Upgrades underway at Hindmarsh - sounds excellent tbh.

2 Likes

Michael Marrone has left Adelaide.

Judging by this video, I suspect retirement.

Ball boys everywhere are breathing sighs of relief.

4 Likes

Always enjoyed watching him play. Ball boy aside, he was one of the fairest opposing defenders around. Seems like a really nice bloke who has got an interesting new life ahead of him.

Announced as moving to Sturt in the NPL over there.

Josh Cavallo has come out as gay

I wish this didn’t have to be such a big deal but this is still all too rare. Good on him for doing this.

10 Likes