Australia Cup 2022 thread

I like the cup, and I don’t want to see us having to compete in it via a play off. Hopefully we can win our final two league games and get a spot.

There’s been a couple of interesting results in the last round of qualification within NSW. The biggest being Sydney Olympic being knocked out by St. George City on penalties. Definitely a cupset.

APIA Leichhardt knocked out 1-0 by Blacktown. So we won’t see any APIA magic this season.

Mounties Wanderers knocked out Mount Druitt.

Sydney United 58 are facing Quakers Hill, and with the form SU58 are currently in, we may just see them lose to QH. Which would be nothing short of hilarious.

We smashed them 4-0 yesterday. Suck shit to Olympic.

No shame losing to Blacktown, have been a well run top flight club for a very long time now. They knocked out Central Coast in the Cup a few years back, good chance they can knock off another A League scalp.

Would be nice to Sydney to get in & attempt to give a fuck about at least one football competition.

Up yours fancy dirt boy!

All I want is a Dully v Sydney FC game at Arlington if it’s not too hard to ask.

2 Likes

Sorry I should have said “Eat Dirt” :smiley:

1 Like

:joy:

Apparently there is a game on tonight.

This just feels weird.

The Australian Cup play-offs. I’m sure the stands will be filled for both of these games …

What’s this cup again? I realise it’s not even in my consciousness

It’s the old FFA Cup.

PS: inb4 I’m slow and someone posts a “That’s the joke” meme after me …

1 Like

Just be happy we didn’t have to do this.

2 Likes

I’d rather think that we’re so shit we couldn’t even qualify.

Top 6 in Finals, bottom 4 in cut throat knockout cup ties… shouldn’t our boys be in Hawaii having a kick about with ballboys making up the numbers?

To their credit, Newy made it free entry

3 Likes

Scott Morrison endorses this idea.

No, he’d endorse taking himself to Hawaii and working everyone to death at home.

1 Like

Just seen the goals. We’re stealing Penha, right? Ooft.

Cup tied?

Apparently Sydney Facist 58 beat up Quakers Hill SC 7-0.

Would have been a lovely cupset