Australian Football Abroad Thread

Also, why would a State MP have anything to do with it? Immigration is a Commonwealth matter, so he should be getting in touch with Stephen Jones. #NerdAlert #YesIAmFunAtParties

3 Likes

Or he’s far too shit to play for Switzerland.

And no offence to Scott Chipperfield but he never came across as a particularly smart guy off the field.

Wasn’t he sprouting a bunch of anti-vaccine cooker shit throughout COVID?

2 Likes

He was also found guilty of assaulting a woman in his own home last year.

I believe he’s also one of the sooky-la-las that cried death to the A-League and crapped on about respect when we booed Aloisi for being shit.

Him and Schwarzer can do one.

3 Likes

Apparently he’s coaching junior teams in the Wollongong leagues.

Probably driving buses part time too.

Between him and Super Dave, our breweries are running dry…

1 Like

The assistant treasurer? What’s he going to do or has Friday afternoon melted my brain?

If Ryan Park is Chippers’ local State member, then Stephen Jones is the Federal member.

Unless he’s moved a touch south from his roots, its Alison Byrnes.

2 Likes

Yep, you’re right

Chelsea beat Boro 6-1 in the second leg of their league cup semi. Glover was in goals

Nieuwenhof scored the first goal for Hearts in 3-2 win over Dundee FC.

3 Likes

Bit of buzz online about Liam Chipperfield getting his Australian citizenship so hes eligble for us (as announced by Scott). Hes got 3 and 1 assist in 13 games this season for FC Basel.

Looks like hes bit of a RM/CM according to where hes played this season
https://www.transfermarkt.com/liam-chipperfield/leistungsdaten/spieler/604780

1 Like

It might quieten some of the more ridiculous Hearts fans for a week or two :joy:

Just wached the highlights for the Hearts game. Good goal from Nieuwenhof. There are a couple of efforts in there that would be right at home in a JayFC montage though. 1 on 1 with the keeper - ball lashed over the bar so hard it might have caused someone in the crowd an injury and an airswing from a 10 yard pass. Quality stuff.

4 Likes

Good luck to him but he’ll need to get good at warming the bench if he goes there.

I think most of the stadiums have underground heating

2 Likes

I guess the bench will be warming him!