Australian Women’s National Team Thread - Our best chance at a World Cup

We’ll have to wait and see what the reason is for this madness, doubt he’d have been on the radar of either expansion club until an hour ago, no one would’ve thought he was going anywhere.

But yeah, if we miss finals this year with the squad we have, very real possibility with 3 tough games left to finish the regular season, then I’d hope we invite him back and give Ante Juric a farewell card.

Presser televised on FSN shortly.

I wonder if this might hint in the misconduct direction:

https://twitter.com/KevinAirs/status/1086429365007638534?s=19

I should clarify, I’m absolutely not saying there was misconduct. It might well be the creation of a culture which makes those things high risk.

Gallop should be a politician, deflect deflect deflect without answering anything.

If it was a serious misconduct issue then surely it would have been raised by players or through the PFA, not through an anonymous survey. Gallop stated they discussed issues generally with the playing group, but also at one stage said they didn’t address the specific concerns raised due to the anonymous nature of the surveys. So what, 1 or 2 players with a bone to pick could be responsible?

What a fucking mess.

Yep, clear as mud. Exactly what we should all expect from the FFA.

I can’t wait until they hold the same anonymous surveys on the performance of Gallop & O’Rourke.

2 Likes

its been done,only Gallop was allowed to participate!

Gallop made reference to Ourwatch in the presser. Via their website, that organisation appears to have a focus on violence and abuse against women in the workplace. I’m going to guess that this has very little, if anything at all to do with the way the team is progressing and more to do with Stajic’s player management.

Yeah I saw that as well. It’s potentially worrying that they felt the need to get involved. I do wonder, as I said above, if it is maybe just a cultural thing that creates risk factors rather than impropriety directly.

Sounds like the playing group didn’t know this was coming:

This is a massive clusterfuck. I do believe that the FFA had the right intention in sacking him if they deemed there to be workplace issues - and if Our Watch was involved.

Workplace harassment? Misconduct? Bullying? Or just clash of personalities?

All sounds unnecessarily opaque. As others have noted, should there be any serious issues, surely they can be mentioned? No need for specific people to be named in such instances. Otherwise all of this stuff about confidential surveys/workplace issues and the absence of any substance sounds a little tenuous.

Can all interested parties to the FFA - players and PFA , club owners, coaches and other staff and club season ticket holders - have a vote on whether we would like to dump Gallop? He is the single worst thing to have hit our game since … his predecessor, Ben Buckley, but Gallop has been kept on much longer. and done more damage.

1 Like

Don’t these kinds of things usually involve warnings and opportunity to modify behaviours etc?
I haven’t seen any indication that this has been the case, and neither is there the implication that there has been the kind of “one off, you’re out” event to warrant skipping formal remediation processes.

Joey Peters has thrown some insight out via twitter: " it’s easy not to blame one coach for injuries, but he is known for smashing players in camps and playing players injured, unfortunately not the only one but surely the Top needs to be leading the way." (@joeypeters10) Everything else I’ve read is pretty nebulous.

To paraphrase the FFA, “Lads, it’s the FFA”

I wonder if Stacjic has a non disclosure in his payout agreement?

I think OZ soccah needs a Royal Commish…prince harry might help us?

This gives a bit more insight to the issues.

Nothing to do with the players? Hmmm…

“It is understood it flagged cases of bullying, intimidation, retribution and even body shaming towards some younger players and even suggestions of flippant homophobic insults regularly made by unspecified staff members.”

Yeah okay that’s not on. If there’s a cultural problem like that the coach has to provide leadership and the buck ultimately stops with them. It would be the same in any other organisation.