Australian Women’s National Team Thread - Our best chance at a World Cup

Let’s be serious. The Matildas are our best NT by a huge margin and we have a WC to build to. Their coach should be top level HAL or above (an upgrade on Milicic).

Ross Aloisi is not qualified.

3 Likes

The stories about Jill Ellis’ time with the USWNT should see her name taken off the list.

Can you elaborate?

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/07/21/sydney-leroux-says-uswnt-won-2015-and-2019-world-cup-in-spite-of-jill-ellis/24568369/

Fox sports linking Phil Neville to the Matildas role.

Please no. done a Horrible job for them

Well he underachieved for England, and should be able to do similar for Australia, no doubt on a fat salary.
FFS if you’re not going to put the effort in, just add the Matildas to Arnie’s list of responsibilities. At least he’s got skin in the game as an Australian.

3 Likes

Cant see it being Montemurro but thatll be ideal. Morace seems a really good option. All look more credentialed than Ross Aloisi is.

Logarzo currently getting her arse handed to her by Sam Kerr. Chelsea up 5-0 over Bristol City at HT.

Had thought Morace looked the best candidate but good luck to Gustavsson.

I’m cautiously optimistic about this.

1 Like

Do we dare dream?

1 Like

Pull yer head in, son. Australian football is pessimists-only.

6 Likes

I’ll be the guy for this. He’s officially appointed and despite assistant at USA really thought someone with more international experience as a head coach would have been better. Will happy be proven wrong though.

Also very happy it’s someone who’s had some success in women’s football and not and Aloisi or someone like that

His record and his acumen are solid and I think he interviews well. I hope that he can translate our physical game to one with a better tactical balance. I also like his focus on next gen. Right now is crucial to developing a culture rather than cashing in on the women’s golden generation.

https://www.matildas.com.au/video/tony-sit-down

1 Like

Maybe but we need to cash the fuck in while we have the chance. Once in a lifetime opportunity with a home World cup

2 Likes

Kerr scored her third goal of the season last night. It’s great to see her really hitting her straps.

Kennedy put a free kick in the other day, and Foord has multiple goals and assists so far. Great to see them all killing it

Against the quality of opposition they are playing and team mates they are playing with, it should see them all lift their games and improve ahead of the World Cup.

1 Like