Bolting from the Blue- The Central Coast Mariners Thread

Football superstar, with Adam Hett who was set to start for us due to injury/suspension/availability then did his own ACL. I always wondered what if,with him.

Yeah, that was the one!

Poor bloke had a terrible string of injuries he’s a youth league coach now.

[quote]He may have had his playing career cut short by injuries, but Adam Hett (pictured top right) has reignited his passion for football as a coach, taking charge of the Northern Tigers Under-16’s this season in the NPL Youth NSW.

After spending time in England in Coventry City’s academy and reserves, Adam looked to have made his break into professional football in Australia as the winner of the first season of Foxtel’s Football Superstar program.

Given a National Youth League contract with Sydney FC, Adam’s hopes of playing for the Sky Blues suffered a blow just three days before his firs team debut, rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament and subsequently missing the entire season.

Unfortunately, that injury was the first setback of many as Adam looked to return to regular football.

“I came back in the second season and I started to have hip issues,” he explained.

“I had an operation on my hips where they trimmed the top of the femur and some cartilage in the joint itself.”

“By the time I came back I was too old for the National Youth League so I was released from Sydney FC.”

After playing briefly with Spirit FC, Hett made his way to Northern Tigers but after two seasons the then 23-year-old was forced to hang up his boots.

“After that second season I started to get chronic groin pain and osteitis (bone inflammation),” Adam said.

“When I went back in for scans, it showed that I had little to no cartilage in my hips and I’d developed osteoarthritis in the joints.”

“I was basically told if I didn’t stop playing I would need hip replacements by the time I was thirty, so I had to give it away.”

It was a bitter pill to swallow for Adam, who took a step back from the game in order to refocus.

“I had a couple of years off and it allowed me to separate playing from coaching and accept the fact that I couldn’t play anymore,” he said.

“I then decided to get back into coaching and took up a position at Lindfield FC, to make sure I enjoyed it before pursuing things further.”

“I really enjoyed it there and Jason Eagar (Northern Tigers Technical Director) knew I was back coaching so at the end of the season he asked me if I wanted to come back to Tigers, so I took on the under-16’s position.”

With his passion for the game now renewed, Adam is looking ahead to a new future as a coach.

“It’s definitely something that I really enjoy and I enjoy being back around football,” he said.

“I suppose I’m at an advantage now where I’ve got a good grounding in my experience as a player within professional clubs, but because I’m young I’ve got a head start on other coaches.”

“Football’s my passion, if I can make a career out of it and coach full-time I’d love to get to that point.”

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=7-2980-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=56018179
[/quote]

Bloody hell, that’s rough. What a change from 3 days away from a starting spot

Bolt has officially left the Mariners. I feel like he got what he wanted out of this with the brace in the trial game

That was a terrible display yesterday.

Bolt saying Mariners will appoint Stajcic permanently. Im happy for him but Mariners really is a place where coaching careers go to die

Legendary Socceroos and Mariners’s supporter Donny Parkes passed away this morning. He will he missed at games. Lovely bloke with a big heart. RIP.

4 Likes

Charlesworth is threatening to move the team to the Northern Beaches again:

https://m.austadiums.com/article.php?id=772

surely that would be a breach of license? Id assume there was a clause ensuring the team is located in a specific geographical area?

1 Like

While I think moving to Manly is a stupid idea, as the only full time tenant of the stadium I’d be moving too if the council don’t want to play ball.
For all of his many faults Mike Charlesworth has been quite consistent in what he plans for the surrounding area and the football club if he was granted the management rights. Have it stated in the contract that if he doesn’t meet or show any signs of meeting those plans after 3 years then his management rights will be rescinded.
To me it seems that Gosford council still has some fanciful idea that there will be a Central Coast based NRL side in the near future playing out of the stadium. Pre COVID that wasn’t going to happen as there was no established club looking to relocate there and expansion proposals from Queensland and WA preferred over any rebirth of the North Sydney Bears. Post COVID it definitely won’t be happening with the NRL in no position to be able to finance any entity there so it’s time for Gosford council to finally give up on that pipedream.

Nope, his caveat on taking management rights is that he does some unacceptable and ugly development around the stadium. He is essentially getting free development land.

This is all piss and vinegar anyway. The World Game is a Charlesworth mouth piece so this story has come straight from him. He wants to force the council’s hand through negative media. We

If I was Council I wouldn’t be playing ball either. He is a property developer by trade. He has already been gifted the Centre of Excellence land and has made a shit load from transfer fees. Enough to offset his losses.

2 Likes

I’d rather go to Gosford than fucking Warringah.

same with me, North Sydney oval on the other hand hmm…

Would be quite happy to walk down to a Mariners game (against Sydney FC). Would be a nice break from travelling to Kogarah.

Plus the pre game drinking options are top notch around Brookvale.

Yep, fair few breweries to choose from :slight_smile:

Fucking Warringah.

Hey, go easy on them, they’ve changed. Remember that one time they didn’t vote for Abbott?

Yeah. One time.