Bolting from the Blue- The Central Coast Mariners Thread

Bloody hell, that’s rough. What a change from 3 days away from a starting spot

Bolt has officially left the Mariners. I feel like he got what he wanted out of this with the brace in the trial game

That was a terrible display yesterday.

Bolt saying Mariners will appoint Stajcic permanently. Im happy for him but Mariners really is a place where coaching careers go to die

Legendary Socceroos and Mariners’s supporter Donny Parkes passed away this morning. He will he missed at games. Lovely bloke with a big heart. RIP.

4 Likes

Charlesworth is threatening to move the team to the Northern Beaches again:

https://m.austadiums.com/article.php?id=772

surely that would be a breach of license? Id assume there was a clause ensuring the team is located in a specific geographical area?

1 Like

While I think moving to Manly is a stupid idea, as the only full time tenant of the stadium I’d be moving too if the council don’t want to play ball.
For all of his many faults Mike Charlesworth has been quite consistent in what he plans for the surrounding area and the football club if he was granted the management rights. Have it stated in the contract that if he doesn’t meet or show any signs of meeting those plans after 3 years then his management rights will be rescinded.
To me it seems that Gosford council still has some fanciful idea that there will be a Central Coast based NRL side in the near future playing out of the stadium. Pre COVID that wasn’t going to happen as there was no established club looking to relocate there and expansion proposals from Queensland and WA preferred over any rebirth of the North Sydney Bears. Post COVID it definitely won’t be happening with the NRL in no position to be able to finance any entity there so it’s time for Gosford council to finally give up on that pipedream.

Nope, his caveat on taking management rights is that he does some unacceptable and ugly development around the stadium. He is essentially getting free development land.

This is all piss and vinegar anyway. The World Game is a Charlesworth mouth piece so this story has come straight from him. He wants to force the council’s hand through negative media. We

If I was Council I wouldn’t be playing ball either. He is a property developer by trade. He has already been gifted the Centre of Excellence land and has made a shit load from transfer fees. Enough to offset his losses.

2 Likes

I’d rather go to Gosford than fucking Warringah.

same with me, North Sydney oval on the other hand hmm…

Would be quite happy to walk down to a Mariners game (against Sydney FC). Would be a nice break from travelling to Kogarah.

Plus the pre game drinking options are top notch around Brookvale.

Yep, fair few breweries to choose from :slight_smile:

Fucking Warringah.

Hey, go easy on them, they’ve changed. Remember that one time they didn’t vote for Abbott?

Yeah. One time.

One is better than none.
They’ve also cut right down on the gay hate crimes they appear to have enjoyed so much there around 40 years ago.
They’re quite progressive really.

1 Like

This is… good news right?