Cheerleaders 2018

People are farken idiots.

Is this a “forte to thread” summons?

Bell curves have left hand sides.

1 Like

my in laws who immigrated here in the 80’s are more racist towards certain immigrant demographics here than anyone else I know… people are weird.

The great irony of racism is that it is an ideology that knows no racial barrier.

1 Like

Same as my parents and in-laws. The irony is my parents were kicked out by an oppressive communist regime…

Agreed regarding funny shit old people do

My wife’s mothers mother and her family were jews that escaped Germany just before ww2.
But she loves a whinge about a few different races.

I have a friend of Chinese Malayan background who thinks Pauline Hanson is wonderful. Go figure.

May I ask, for what reason?

He is worried about Islam taking over the world.

I don’t think he remembers when Pauline was going on about the Chinese taking over.

The book below is one of my all time favourites, it does a very good job of explaining why some people are attracted to authoritarian structures and the reasons some people ignore information when it conflicts with pre-existing beliefs.

Looks very interesting. Worth adding to the “list I’ll probably never read thanks to twitter”.

2 Likes

I remember seeing something before the last US election where they were talking to people in the deep South about why people vote Republican. They were talking to one guy who was ranting and raving about people on welfare and how they are sucking money out of the system. The interviewer asks him if he was welfare and without batting an eyelid he says he is.

He knows all too well then…

I went to the Penrith v storm game here in Bathurst the other week.

Just filled in a survey about it. Turns out it was from VisitNSW.

THey asked some disturbing questions about whether this contributed to some notion about NSW being a sporting capital. Out of touch to be sure.

And first visit to Carrington Park. It’s crap.

Just walking past it a few years back made me draw the same conclusion.

Carrington is great for suburban sport, that’s about it.

I miss this place.

5 Likes

Awww, that is sweet!

1 Like

It’s just so hard to get back into the forum after so long away.