Cheerleaders 2018

Shoe people, help me please. In maybe 2011 I bought a pair of sky blue Adidas shoes because they looked so beautiful and I couldn’t resist them. When they arrived and I looked at them in the box, I felt like they were too perfect to ever be used and they remained in the box to this day.

The thing is, I have never really opened the box and actually forgot for a few years that I even had them.

Is it best to
a) just use them and enjoy them until the eventually wear out because life itself is fleeting and will be over before we know it

b) keep them in the box as they have been these many years

c) find a shoe person who will go crazy over them even more than me and see them off to a new home

Wear them. Enjoy them. That is what life is about and what money is for.

With a good waterproof spray applied regularly they will last a surprisingly long time.

If you don’t wear them the glues can dry out and degrade, and the soles can detatch so they wont benefit not being worn.

I assume they are Gazelle’s, if so then that colourway will be available again at some point so grab them when the new ones come out and don’t stress out over the original ones.

Even not they may be Sambas or Spezials which are all relatively common.

I have a pair of Dublin’s in the OG colours (not the OG run) which would be worth a fair bit of money mint but I wear them because I like them that is why I bought them.i

1 Like

These arrived today, I’ll wear them to the pub tomorrow, Sponsor is correct

Exhibit B

CP Company x Adidas Samba in Tobacco Blue, currently worth $1000+ in mint condition. Mine are stained and the suede is tatty, no hesitation in wearing them to football or out anytime.

These are going to a restorer tomorrow to get them back in shape.

This is what they look like now.

1 Like

This is what they look like. Just perfect with the darker blue at the heel, they’re like a glorious shoe version of the double winning jersey.

4 Likes

Gorgeous, get them on your feet.

I want these

2 Likes

Have a good time or Jubal’s gonna get ya

Or club you from behind and steal your kicks

1 Like

Waterproof spray and then enjoy.

Save that behaviour for Bathurst mate…

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, I remember that little cunt, he was intrigued by these, I so wanted to slap the taste right out of his mouth.

1 Like

That pub has been bought, refurbed and the name returned to the OG.

I’ve even been inside it again.

3 Likes

Not his first experience with The Police.

Should change his name to P Diddler.

Amazing - I have had these in a box for 4 years and won’t wear them… my 80 year old dad was over recently and I showed them to him - he told me that if they were still in the box next time he visited he was taking them

4 Likes

Got three other pairs of Gazelles that I am rotating through at the moment, just cannot bring myself to wear these - quite often I think about how they might end up if I just leave them there… much like how some end up from the Sole Searching doco:

1 Like

I’ve had a couple of pairs of these and the 2nd pair is now pretty fucked. So irritating when your favourite pair of trainers become too fucked to wear and you can’t buy them again. Loved the blue sole on them as it wouldn’t show up dirty at all.

Just replaced them with these, still not 100% sold on the yellow part and the blue is a little bright

1 Like

Interested to see what they come out like from the restorer. I tried to get a pair but missed out.

I have a pair of all leather ‘Core’ Black (black on black) Hamburgs. Very understated and easy to keep clean.

I’m keen to see how the CP’s come back from the restorer too, total is about $100 all up incluing 2 way postage and restoration.