Cheerleaders 2018

For all of the talk that things were going to be very different this post Covid world looks a lot like the pre Covid world if the last 20 or so posts are anything to go by.

Bats and pineapples don’t belong on pizza

I think we can all agree that Nandos is shit and pineapple on pizza is ok.

1 Like

First one isn’t pizza by a longshot

Second one… geez smoking, boiling, frying and then baking the herring? You’ll be left with crunchy carbon…

Fish burgers are underrated imo

Corner store burgers are still my favourite (although they are starting to die out). Seriously love the burgers that @Ancient_Mariner and @hillbilly describe. I grew up eating those and they are awesome. But I love all kinds or burgers, it just depends what mood I’m in.

Pineapple on pizza is also fine. It’s like the censorship argument - if you don’t like something, don’t consume it, but don’t tell other people that they can’t.

1 Like

I’m actually fine with people giving shit about pineapple on pizza - provided that they are also hardcore traditionalists about every other aspect of the pizza, and only tolerate it if it follows all of the guidelines passed down to their nonna when she was growing up in Naples.

But if you’re eating a BBQ chicken and bacon with double toppings on a stuffed crust base, and talking shit about pineapple on pizza, then that’s just fucking stupid.

3 Likes

I feel like this topic has gotten very serious very quickly…

I think I’m going to need to get a burger now. Burgers on Broadway here we come.

are they any good? There’s one in Ermington i know

If you don’t have to wash your face and hands after eating a hamburger, was it really a hamburger?

I didn’t actually read the recipes!

I think they’re pretty great, regularly stopped in at the Summer Hill one before corona, had them delivered a bunch during the iso.

The KB at the bottom of Foveaux St does an excellent burger.

Dean’s Diner in Newtown used to be awesome. Came with the bonus of being able to duck into the Sando for a quick beer while they cooked your order.

2 Likes

Gonna +1 the Summer Hill Burgers on Broadway. Hits the spot

HAMBURGER
lettuce, tomato, raw onion, tomato sauce

Raw onion? Tomato sauce? No beetroot?

That’s not a hamburger. That’s a fussy 10 year old kid burger.

That reminds me of a trip I did to Tassie many years ago. I was at Strahan on the west coast and ordered a burger at a cafe. I was asked what sort I wanted and said just a plain hamburger, nothing special.
I was given a beef patty on a bun. :roll_eyes:

I asked a pommy backpacker for a plain hamburger at the Burke Roadhouse on the Burke development rd.

I got a Pattie on a bun.

The poor pommie lass at a servo at Elliot couldn’t cope with my request for “That sausage on a roll with bbq sauce” whilst pointing at the kransky in the baimarie.