Don't Blame Me, I Voted for Zdrilić: The Ufuk Talay Thread

The most astonishing thing is that JayFC didn’t put together this compilation.

3 Likes

As many have said, an understandable but slightly inevitable appointment.

Wish him well, hopefully we see him push an exciting philosophy

Aren’t we replacing a coach whom we criticised as tactically inflexible, with one even more so?

I’m expecting Corica v2 with Talay. He’s just here until JvW takes over next season.

Was personally a fan of Zdrillic appointmnet. Range of experiences and connections from his last assistant roles. Also would be something different as he joined us only at the start of the year. Uffie on the flip side has spent basically all his non coaching time under Arnie or Corica.

Happy enough for Uffie though. Hopefully he brings in some new things and doesnt try make this squad play a 4222 it absolutely doesnt suit.

And do feel like this was planned earlier than this week with how quickly this all happened. Makes it even more weird about the timing as it suggests it wasnt just a reaction to the weekends results

Has the club mentioned if Drilla is hanging around still?

It’s a decent punt. Plus it’s only a 2yr deal, so not a bank breaker if nothing changes.

All i want to see from him is dont be scared to bench the so called " Experienced players" starting with Grant and Redmayne, will definitely get a reaction from these two in means of improving for the following week.

2 Likes

Haha, I remembered it from years ago as one of his and searched 3 JayFC channels for the link before finding it under that one. Not sure if memory is failing, he has a 4th channel, or someone else just plain ripped it off. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I need to know what @deadpool 's knuckles have to say on this appointment before I can form an opinion.

2 Likes

If it doesn’t work out with Talay over next 104 Fridays, this guy is expecting a call.

For those of us less tenured around here, anyone care to elaborate on the chicken dance reference?

1 Like

It was an Uffy chant from his playing days in the early seasons, to the tune of the chicken dance:

Da da dada da da da, Da da dada da da da
Da da dada da da DA, U-FUK TA-LAY

6 Likes

Smoking is back at Sky Park!

8 Likes

He was also nicknamed the fat controller, as he went bright red after breaking into a jog (whilst also being tubby). If you have seen the videos of Messi wandering like a lost child on the pitch, that was him.

He barely left the centre circle, just sprayed balls everywhere instead.

1 Like

He did an incredible job at Wellington all things considered, so hopefully some of that magic works over here as well.

2 Likes

Not going to lie, would prefer Bimbi still. Sure we are shit at the moment but you are always going to have your turn of being rubbish in a salary capped League. I hope Talay does well but I can’t really see anything changing with the squad we have

The squad is easily good enough to make the six and have an actual impact on the finals.

1 Like

Might just be as simple as a fresh voice getting through where Corica just didn’t anymore.

1 Like