Everything is on fire - the US politics thread

While it’s only an enquiry into impeachment proceedings, which they have essentially been doing anyway post the Muller report, it had to happen. There is enough evidence with this particular event, phone call to Ukraine, to suggest an investigation is warranted and probably demanded by the congressional arm of government in this instance. Even if it turns up nothing or not enough to actually move forward with impeachment, they couldn’t let this type of act and report just sail by. Not when it’s committed by the sitting President, rather than just a candidate for the presidency.

Following the updates from this morning’s hearing is pretty amazing.

The Republicans’ defence strategy can basically be summarised as:

2 Likes

Absolutely fantastic

1 Like

Its just this classic isn’t it? And it has been all along but increasingly so.

1 Like

Fuck me. This c*nt is cooked.

So Trump to be impeached in a matter of hours.

So far in his defence in the House, the Republicans have invoked the Salem with trials, the crucifixion of Jesus, and Pearl Harbour.

Ultimately, it means nothing though right? He’s still short favourite for reelection next year.

He’ll be impeached by the House and it will fall over in the Senate. It’s interesting but will go nowhere.

Good piece in the Guardian about Obama being anti-Bernie. Fascinating.

if americans are comfortable with having such a rich, mommies boy, bully, morally bankrupt corrupt, stupid , lying, pussy grabbing cunt as their president then they fucking deserve him…

i’m over it

2 Likes

I can’t believe more wasn’t made of him so INSTANTLY disowning Prince Andrew the other week, saying he didn’t know him. Cue shit tonnes of photo’s of the two of them surfacing, taken over many decades, some of which eerily had Epstein in the background.

Now, why on earth could he possibly be SO keen to SO quickly bullshit and distance himself like that? May as well add alleged pedo and possible murderer to that list above.

Also, it’s ancient, but if anyone still cares I highly recommend digging up the New York Times story where they pieced together decades of shady as shit transactions proving beyond all doubt that Trump’s wealth came direct from daddy and that his claims of being self-made are complete crap. It was all handed down, fraudulently avoiding gift / inheritance taxes, bar a few hundred million he burnt along the way… all the while painting himself as a master negotiator and business genius. It explains so much about just how he turned out to be pure cunt he is, and of course why he’s still going to extreme lengths to avoid handing over his tax returns.

Impeachment vote is happening now… looks like he’ll become the third president in history to be impeached.

two democrats crossed the aisle…

The two part Dollop episode on Trump is also brilliant.

1 Like

The Dems should be broadcasting this from the rooftops!

Nice to see thats where theyre drawing the line

In these times, digging in for the long haul irrespective of the circumstance seems to be the only MO, so you have to actually respect them for looking at old-fashioned values such as overwhelming evidence.

How remarkable is this shit, given developments over recent hours?

I wonder what the OSM will look like